Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 13, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #946 of 4,469

Quote:
I'm glad there are 'old-timers' on here who are vouching for Fischer Audio, but everything I can find on the company screams "caution" to me.

If that is so, then simply don't purchase anything from them. Many people here, including me, have dealt with then and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

The North American distributor, Bugden Audio, is also very customer oriented and having known a few people who have dealt with Bugden Audio, I can also vouch for them.

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #947 of 4,469

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The North American distributor, Bugden Audio, is also very customer oriented and having known a few people who have dealt with Bugden Audio, I can also vouch for them.

Indeed. Since day one I just have received top notch service from Budgen Audio. I'm buying a second set of DBA-02 from them and if Fischer Audio ever comes up with a superior IEM to DBA-02, I sure will send my money to Ethan, again.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #948 of 4,469

Quote:

If that is so, then simply don't purchase anything from them. Many people here, including me, have dealt with then and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

LFF, you can't really fault me for being overly cautious, can you? You would agree, would you not, that it's a good idea for any potential customer/consumer--including myself--to do plenty of due diligence prior to making a big purchase?

Again, I'll say that I am interested in the DBA-02 and am seriously considering purchasing one--if only they were actually in stock somewhere--but I wanted to make certain F.A. isn't some fly-by-night establishment. I'm glad this discussion is taking place now. I believe it should have taken place within the first 50 posts.

I hope Bugden Audio does receives some DBA-02 by the end of July/beginning August. It's going to be a huge letdown, for many I suspect, if its availability is somehow delayed yet again.

In doing my due diligence and reading the numerous posts on this forum, I did find this post in another F.A. thread, which was posted by a Russian poster, S3am from Russia>Surgut according to his profile: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450772/review-fischer-audio-from-russia-with-love/45#post_6095540
Quote:
And just few words about FA. It's just cheap alternative to different famous headphones from different manufacturers...
I have had FA Equilibrium for 1 year. The build quality was not great, but it sounds better then sennheiser cx300 and cost the same money.

Now he's just one poster and could be misinformed, but I do appreciate comments from Russians who may have, in my opinion, a better perspective as to the quality of the F.A. brand/product. Just as an American would, I believe, have a better perspective of an American brand, so too, I believe, would a Russian have about a Russian brand.

I hope to see more comments from Russian posters.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #949 of 4,469
Quote:
Again, I'll say that I am interested in the DBA-02 and am seriously considering purchasing one--if only they were actually in stock somewhere--but I wanted to make certain F.A. isn't some fly-by-night establishment. I'm glad this discussion is taking place now. I believe it should have taken place within the first 50 posts.

If the goal is to receive more comments about FA and its products, then I think  the right thing to do will be to start a thread of your own.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #950 of 4,469
Consider me a sucker X2 then (I too bought a second pair of DBAs, I like them that much, and should they break and I need warranty support, I want a backup pair). Seems to me if getting ripped off for $160 has you so worried, stay safe and buy UE, Shure or Westone. Me, I'm a natural born risk taker, danger is my middle name.
darthsmile.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #951 of 4,469

Quote:

LFF, you can't really fault me for being overly cautious, can you? You would agree, would you not, that it's a good idea for any potential customer/consumer--including myself--to do plenty of due diligence prior to making a big purchase?

In doing my due diligence and reading the numerous posts on this forum, I did find this post in another F.A. thread, which was posted by a Russian poster, S3am from Russia>Surgut according to his profile: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/450772/review-fischer-audio-from-russia-with-love/45#post_6095540
Quote:
And just few words about FA. It's just cheap alternative to different famous headphones from different manufacturers...
I have had FA Equilibrium for 1 year. The build quality was not great, but it sounds better then sennheiser cx300 and cost the same money.

Now he's just one poster and could be misinformed, but I do appreciate comments from Russians who may have, in my opinion, a better perspective as to the quality of the F.A. brand/product. Just as an American would, I believe, have a better perspective of an American brand, so too, I believe, would a Russian have about a Russian brand.

I totally understand your caution, but don't you think you're taking things a little too far? As many have already pointed out, Fischer has been established with a pretty good reputation for sometime now both in Russia and overseas, and the warranty liability lies with the reseller, so why go beyond that? In the off-chance that the headphone stops working, send it back to the reseller and I'm quite sure they'd be able to settle the warranty for you, no? There have been people on this forum encountering that whose warranties were honoured with no issues. The quality of the earphones shouldn't come into question because this forum has basically been raving about the SQ; build quality has been likewise commented on and if you don't think it'll hold up, by all means go to AT or any company you'd trust.

And oh please don't quote posts out of context, I took a look at that post and he was commenting on their low-end 20$ range products. You as an informed buyer should very well know that at that range headphone quality is vastly different from higher-end flagship models. In fact right after he said that, he DID mention:
Quote:
P.s. I recommend someone from head-fi to order one pair of top-level FA headphones, Etherna or Silver Bullet. They realy worth that money...

..and the DBAs are even higher-level than those mentioned. Case in point.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #952 of 4,469
I spent a lot of time reading about these before I ordered them the other day, but failed to notice on the eBay page that I was pre-ordering them.  Doh.  Had I known, I would have waited and ordered them from Ethan Bugden.

I'm new to the site and had never previously heard the terms "sibilance," "microphonics" or "soundstage" before reading around the forums, but I have always appreciated sound quality and just assumed my Shures were close to top-of-the-line.  Of the people who have received their DBA-02s, did anyone previously own Shure SE210s or similar?  Do they blow them away?

I hope to learn a lot more audiophile lingo and contribute to the forum once I receive the DBA-02s and the Sennheiser HD 202s I also just ordered...

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #953 of 4,469

Quote:
drew879 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I spent a lot of time reading about these before I ordered them the other day, but failed to notice on the eBay page that I was pre-ordering them.  Doh.  Had I known, I would have waited and ordered them from Ethan Bugden.

I'm new to the site and had never previously heard the terms "sibilance," "microphonics" or "soundstage" before reading around the forums, but I have always appreciated sound quality and just assumed my Shures were close to top-of-the-line.  Of the people who have received their DBA-02s, did anyone previously own Shure SE210s or similar?  Do they blow them away?

I hope to learn a lot more audiophile lingo and contribute to the forum once I receive the DBA-02s and the Sennheiser HD 202s I also just ordered...

Hi Drew, welcome to Head-Fi.  

You might find some good information in our wiki @
http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/

Happy listening and cheers!

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #954 of 4,469
No, SE210s are not even close to top end, top end would be 1,000 something dollar custom earphones. Anyway, The SE210 should be drastically different than the DBA-02, solely because the SE210 is considered a consumer earphone, whereas the DBA-02 is considered an audiophile earphone, so you should expect improved sound quality with less, more detailed bass, and consequently, better sonic accuracy because there is less coloration occuring.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #955 of 4,469
drew don`t worry, you have ordered from a reliable source, Ethan will not get them any quicker. It is a sit and wait game at the min.
haha you will easily find out what the terms mean, the biggest problem is just listening and liking music rather than analysing music.
oh and which tip, source, amp or no amp ..... lol
Stu

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #956 of 4,469
Thanks for the responses, guys.  It makes me a little nervous to hear that they'll have less bass than the SE210s since I thought those were kind of lacking, but I'm sure I will find a solution through either different tips or changing the EQ if it's a big deal.  Higher quality is always a good thing.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #957 of 4,469
Less bass is a very subjective term, and the DBAs deliver accurate, detailed bass, which is, to me at least, preferred over quantity. You'll see, I mean, hear what I mean when you get them. They are very fine IEMs, and you are in for a treat.

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #958 of 4,469
They respond well to EQing the bass. I set clearbass on my Sony pmp to +1 and it brings out the quantity while still remaining controlled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back