Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Sep 10, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #2,281 of 4,469

Quote:
I've ordered from Ethan and I haven't got my unit yet :frowning2:

Same here, though at least in my case he said they should arrive between the 7th and the 14th of September.  So we're still within the expected time window.

Sep 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #2,282 of 4,469
I enjoy them more and more everyday, the details and clarity are still very amazing. Even lady gaga's tracks sounds superb lol.

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #2,283 of 4,469

Quote:
the dba is one excellent iem but disappointed me due to discomfort. Had to shove them a lot deeper in order to get the best sound and also to fix the sibilance. bass was a bit lacking too. hoping dba04 would not dissapoint

now i see several post regarding dba04, is it a hoax or just a miss spelling issues since i never heard any another upcoming BA iem from FA.

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #2,284 of 4,469
Picked them up from the post office yesterday. 
Upon first listen thought the sounded very detailed,  but overly bright, thin, lacking bass, quickly fatiguing. 
Was comparing them to Klipsch S4, and older px100s, both are a bit veiled with sloppy bass, but great at work for long listening sessions 
Gave them a couple of hours to burn in, tried different the tips, the small klipsch gels seemed to work the best.
Started jumping through selections on ipod to try and find something they liked to play. Source dependent is an understatement.
Got to a Barenaked Ladies track,  and time stood still, the heavens opened up, the bass showed up for the party, treble there all the way up, mids:very nice.
Was like i was in the studio....well the control room anyway.
And then....it was gone, ticked through a bunch of different tracks after that, kinda thin, kinda bright, kinda bass light, like Schroeder's piano.
Have them burning in today, will see, maybe its my physiology had tuff time getting them to sit right. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #2,285 of 4,469

Quote:
now i see several post regarding dba04, is it a hoax or just a miss spelling issues since i never heard any another upcoming BA iem from FA.

Some people think they're making another with more drivers.  Other than hearsay, it doesn't exist in any way.  It's like I could say "I heard Sennheiser is coming out wit the IE9."  That's pretty much all it takes around here to get rumors started about something that doesn't exist.  To say that Fischer isn't coming out with something new eventually would be wrong.  To say that they are coming out with the DBA-04 is also wrong.  Until it actually happens, it doesn't actually exist in any way, shape, or form.

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #2,286 of 4,469
it should be FBA-04 later if they really releasing another BA product :D
glad to hear its just some hoax issues.
anyway i think my phonak will go to other user later on since the dba02 gonna be my primary iem now. looking some additional budget for other things.

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #2,287 of 4,469

Quote:
Some people think they're making another with more drivers.  Other than hearsay, it doesn't exist in any way.  It's like I could say "I heard Sennheiser is coming out wit the IE9."  That's pretty much all it takes around here to get rumors started about something that doesn't exist.  To say that Fischer isn't coming out with something new eventually would be wrong.  To say that they are coming out with the DBA-04 is also wrong.  Until it actually happens, it doesn't actually exist in any way, shape, or form.

OMG! Really? Sennheiser is coming out with the IE9 ?

wink_face.gif

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #2,288 of 4,469

Quote:
Mine arrived yesterday, which I had on back order through Bugden. Before I read the last few pages of this thread, I was wondering what's going on with the bass issue. All is sorted now though after taking a few tips. Still burning them in, too.

The triple flange tips seem to go on and come off the nozzle very easily. So easy, infact, that one got stuck in my ear when I pulled it out, just before. That was the first time I've used them. I've got them back in my ears again, and I think that I'll probably have to stick my fingers in my ear once again and pull out at least one out, due to how easy they can come off. Is there any advice on how to make them stay on the nozzle?

edit: Ok so they didn't come off the nozzle this time...but, my question still stands :)

Try rotating the IEM as you pull out, sort of like scooping them out of your ears.  This causes the nozzle to bite on the tip which helps.  Pulling straight out not recommended for loose tips.

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #2,289 of 4,469
Quote:

Well, it's not inconceivable that some people actually have more firsthand information that they care not to reveal other than just drop a simple line like that. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #2,290 of 4,469
The DBA-04 exists. We may not see it in its final stage and in stores, but it exists. It's not just a rumor.

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #2,291 of 4,469
just curious if everyone who ordered with ethan has received their iem's yet or if there are still a few waiting..

because i don't remember it taking this long last time

fake edit:  DBA-04, eh???????????

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #2,292 of 4,469

No, I'm still waiting as well, and I'm in Norcal right now. I'm just wondering if everyone in the US who got theirs already got Xpress Post shipping or mine is just especially slow. Will check mail again when I get back from work though.
Quote:
just curious if everyone who ordered with ethan has received their iem's yet or if there are still a few waiting..

because i don't remember it taking this long last time

fake edit:  DBA-04, eh???????????

Sep 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #2,293 of 4,469
No, some did get theirs via Small Packets Air. It's more that theirs came in towards the beginning of the 4-10 day estimate.

As for the DBA-04, its not really anything breaking, I told of new developments more than a month ago. Looks like it got a name.

Sep 10, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #2,294 of 4,469

Picked them up from the post office yesterday. 

Upon first listen thought the sounded very detailed,  but overly bright, thin, lacking bass, quickly fatiguing. 

Was comparing them to Klipsch S4, and older px100s, both are a bit veiled with sloppy bass, but great at work for long listening sessions 

Gave them a couple of hours to burn in, tried different the tips, the small klipsch gels seemed to work the best.

Started jumping through selections on ipod to try and find something they liked to play. Source dependent is an understatement.

Got to a Barenaked Ladies track,  and time stood still, the heavens opened up, the bass showed up for the party, treble there all the way up, mids:very nice.

Was like i was in the studio....well the control room anyway.

And then....it was gone, ticked through a bunch of different tracks after that, kinda thin, kinda bright, kinda bass light, like Schroeder's piano.

Have them burning in today, will see, maybe its my physiology had tuff time getting them to sit right. 

Ideally you want the best quality files possible. The better your source, it'll show. Crap in, crap out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back