Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Sep 3, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #2,011 of 4,469
Got mine today, I was so disappointed with the sound. Tried out all the tips and the only ones that gave me a decent sound where the 3 flange ones. All the tips gave me no bass at all, distant sound and harsh.

But i remembered i had some compy t100 tips and tried them, and oh boy, i'm hooked.

Such a great sound, and perfect bass for me. I think i will only use my R0 for workout from now on, and sell my UE 5EB.

Only one question, beside the Compy Tips what other tips would you advice ??

Thanks for this threat I'm really happy with my Cowon D2 and DBA-02

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #2,012 of 4,469
You can use Shure olive as well, but as I mentioned before, it is a bit tough to get it off the nozzle once you put it on. My suggest to you is, once the Comply you are using now reach the end of their life, decore a pair of Shure olive and glue the foam to the Comply T100's inner tube. Best of both worlds.

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #2,014 of 4,469
I have that same email, except I was cc in that email among with many other buyers.  My email did mention that gd_audiobase is refunding for not wasting everyone time, not sure if the refund was direct at the one he emailed or to everyone else include everyone he cc in.  At this point I had already waited since early July, don't see point in a refund now might as well wait.  The worst this could happen is gd_audiobase starting to refund everyone which make all this wait is for nothing. 

Quote:
i just got an email from Dmitry and he said that they were having issues getting the shipment fro Hong Kong into russia, he also said that he had no idea when it would be solved and when they would be shipped, here is the following email im just wondering if anyone else got it.

"Hello.

There are some big delays with delivery of the batch with DBA, due to russian legislation.

Well known postal companies like UPS, TNT, DHL dont ship to Russia on physical addresses.

No one have knew about it before the batch have been shipped from Hong Kong, and now there will be a lot severities to deliver this batch to Russia, and also its not known how much time it will takes."

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #2,015 of 4,469

You can stretch the core of olives with tapered awl etc. The core is firm but flexable.
Quote:
You can use Shure olive as well, but as I mentioned before, it is a bit tough to get it off the nozzle once you put it on. My suggest to you is, once the Comply you are using now reach the end of their life, decore a pair of Shure olive and glue the foam to the Comply T100's inner tube. Best of both worlds.

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #2,017 of 4,469
True, but it will tighten back again by the time you want to remove it.

Quote:
You can stretch the core of olives with tapered awl etc. The core is firm but flexable.

Sep 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #2,018 of 4,469

True, but it will tighten back again by the time you want to remove it.

Are the olives better at keeping sibilance in check than the complys? Im trying tips to get rid of the sibilance.

Sep 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #2,019 of 4,469
I'll say Comply is a little better at that, but generally I find olive already does a good job on absorbing some top-end frequency.

Quote:
Are the olives better at keeping sibilance in check than the complys? Im trying tips to get rid of the sibilance.

Sep 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #2,020 of 4,469

Quote:
I'll say Comply is a little better at that, but generally I find olive already does a good job on absorbing some top-end frequency.

Ok thank you clieOS, could always count on you for good advise :)

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #2,021 of 4,469
It's so strange that we're getting all these harshness/sibilance reports.  The first impressions (about 100 pages back or so... 
rolleyes.gif
) were much more positive.  Still, I'm pretty excited and hopeful that I'll get them next week!

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #2,022 of 4,469

Quote:

Yes... Comply's untrimmed will cut down on the high frequencies. Might solve your issue. If it cuts them down too much, trim the tips back to level / flat with core. That's what I'm doing with all my IEM's now.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #2,023 of 4,469
Some of the sibilance stuff may be that LFF and others have very good source files and good sources in general.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #2,024 of 4,469

Quote:
Yes... Comply's untrimmed will cut down on the high frequencies. Might solve your issue. If it cuts them down too much, trim the tips back to level / flat with core. That's what I'm doing with all my IEM's now.

Thanks shane!

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #2,025 of 4,469
thats your answer :D
its true that this iem are really revealing to the source data or hardware.

Quote:
It's so strange that we're getting all these harshness/sibilance reports.  The first impressions (about 100 pages back or so... 
rolleyes.gif
) were much more positive.  Still, I'm pretty excited and hopeful that I'll get them next week!

Quote:
Some of the sibilance stuff may be that LFF and others have very good source files and good sources in general.

have you tried the etymotic triple flange, it sounds really different from the stock triple flange and helps to eliminate the sibilant a lot in my case.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back