Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Sep 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #2,026 of 4,469

Quote:
Some of the sibilance stuff may be that LFF and others have very good source files and good sources in general.

That's probably it. Most of my files are good but I do have the occasional poorly ripped mp3. It is source revealing however.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #2,029 of 4,469
None of my packages will require a signature. Nobody requested it and for the services that have that option (eg Xpresspost) I usually paid more than what was quoted anyways before the extra $1.50 for a signature.

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #2,030 of 4,469

Quote:
I have that same email, except I was cc in that email among with many other buyers.  My email did mention that gd_audiobase is refunding for not wasting everyone time, not sure if the refund was direct at the one he emailed or to everyone else include everyone he cc in.  At this point I had already waited since early July, don't see point in a refund now might as well wait.  The worst this could happen is gd_audiobase starting to refund everyone which make all this wait is for nothing. 

Same email here, really sucks. Oh well some money back to spend somewhere else

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #2,033 of 4,469

Quote:
My impressions will be posted up tonight.

Great. The first ever made impressions without having the actual product. Can't wait.
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #2,034 of 4,469
Sep 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #2,036 of 4,469

Quote:
True, but it will tighten back again by the time you want to remove it.

True but they not always all the way back to stock if they've been stretched for a while and it certainly stops folks from breakage on insertion. I've found that a finger nail etc under the base of the core, one side then the other, is the easiest way to get removal started.

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #2,037 of 4,469

Quote:
Same email here, really sucks. Oh well some money back to spend somewhere else

I'm going to offer to fulfill Dimitry's orders for him, we'll see if he takes it. No problem getting them into Canada, so perhaps that will be their best option.

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #2,038 of 4,469
Here's my impressions of the DBA-02, like I said this impression is purely based on pictures I find on the interweb.

First things first, the packaging: First look its basically a light brownish box with Fischer Audio logo and "Master Series" horizontally on the box. The box also has this glaring red tape on the top right corner, unfortunately since the picture isnt detailed enough I cannot make out what it says. The box opens up like a book so its like a flip book thingy....and inside contains stuff such as the IEM itself, some pouch, some tips and one ear hook.

Now lets read about the sound: Since I do not own the DBA-02 I decided to use an imaginary DBA-02 meaning I grabbed nothing but air and did all the motions of putting an earphone into my ear, I plugged my DBA into my Sony X and played some music and it wasnt until 5 minutes I realized that what I was doing was stupid.

As I'm typing this I try to guess where my DBA-02 is right now. It could be in Kelowna, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Port Moody, Burnaby, Abbotsford, Nanaimo, Victoria, Vancouver and everywhere other than my house.

tl:dr - The weather was so nice outside that I decided to go to the dentist and saw some cars go by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back