[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
May 30, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #376 of 468

Quote:
Which comply tips buy to FA eterna? t-400 or t-500?

Either one, both are known to work. I'd just get the T-400.

Quote:
Hehehe, I auditioned Eterna V2 already. I owned Eterna V1 so my opinion will be slightly biased.

The biggest difference between the V1 and V2 is the bass. The V2 have a lot more bass than the V1. If you switch between the two on the same song, you'll feel the V1 isn't that bassy heh.

V2 also have slightly better treble than the V1. Rides, Hi Hats, cymbals and snare sounded slightly better on V2.

For me vocal sounded about the same. But the bass in V2 overpower the vocal a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

Do you mean the V1 has more bass than the V2? To my ears the V2 is certainly less bassy than the V1. There is a slight reduction in sub-bass, but the main change seems to be the reduction of the mid-bass hump that made the V1 sound a bit bloated at times.
I think the change is for the better. With the old Eterna, you pretty much had to be a basshead to like it. The new version takes it out of the niche a bit, making it something that a non-basshead would be more likely to like than the V1. It's still a bassy IEM and the general sound signature/balance of the old one is still present, it's just not so blatantly bassy anymore.
My V2 isn't yet fully burned in but I can't possibly see it taking a full swing and becoming more bassy than the V1. Please do share your thoughts. Was the V2 you auditioned burned in?

May 30, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #379 of 468

Quote:
Hehehe, I auditioned Eterna V2 already. I owned Eterna V1 so my opinion will be slightly biased.

The biggest difference between the V1 and V2 is the bass. The V2 have a lot more bass than the V1. If you switch between the two on the same song, you'll feel the V1 isn't that bassy heh.

V2 also have slightly better treble than the V1. Rides, Hi Hats, cymbals and snare sounded slightly better on V2.

For me vocal sounded about the same. But the bass in V2 overpower the vocal a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

i've tried the V2 also and find it that the bass are more lacking than the V1, yet better treble extension.
but i wonder why for me who just auditioned a W3/UM3X find it almost the same character... i mean even the eterna are lacking in most part but i found it quite the same it just the W3/UM3X have better aspect in all section.

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #381 of 468
[size=medium]
I guess I should chime in since there is surprisingly little info on the v2. A friend lent me his v2 to compare with my v1. I gave up deciding which one is better than the other after one hour. They sound similar, exactly like they are derived from one same driver just tuned a little differently. The v2 has less midbass than the v1, which is actually better for some music. Other parts of the frequency range like treble, sub-bass comes out slightly more on the v2(more a side-effect of the reduction in midbass). 

If both the v1 and v2 are available today, I will probably opt for the v2, though I'll be happy with either. 
[/size]

Jun 12, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #382 of 468
Yeah I got my v2 in the mail this week. I'm pretty happy with them, although I have no good IEM around to compare them to. They satisfy someone who was moving from Denon Ah-D1001 closed phones for portability.

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #383 of 468
Just ordered a set of Eterna V1 and the Icons.  Just found out of this site.  Can't wait to try them out.  Such a hard decision between the V1 and V2, but I got the V1 since there will be no more.

Oct 27, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #388 of 468

Quote:
Still no (Western) european reseller? Should we order via GD Audiobase then?

i ordered my dba02 from him/them. got them in 10 days (2 months delay in shipping not withstanding
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #389 of 468
They arrived today, after 8 days (+4 before getting shipped by Audiobase). I'm picking them up later tonight. Can't wait!

Edit: I've hooked them up to the Maverick tubeamp and I'm very impressed. I never expected this quality sound from IEMs.
It definately is warm and bassy and the highs are great, the mids are a bit less pronounced atm but with burn in I'm sure this will all change a little.

Anayway, I'm very happy with the sound. Thanks again for recommending them to me!!
smile.gif

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #390 of 468
Hi all;

actaully I want some comment about comparing Eterna R1 with ATH CKS 90.
I loss my lovely Klipsch S4 and is looking for replacement

type of music :pop, pop rock...
player : Sony A828
file : Mp3 320

there is not much review of CKS90 can be found in net.

please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back