[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
May 14, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #331 of 468
If you like bass, you're bound to be underwhelmed by the RE0... I have not heard the Eterna, but it would certainly sound closer going by the descriptions here.

May 14, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #332 of 468

Quote:
If you like bass, you're bound to be underwhelmed by the RE0... I have not heard the Eterna, but it would certainly sound closer going by the descriptions here.

Well I think I can stand the low bass, for instance I like my hd600 but it doesn't have much bass!

May 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #333 of 468
Coming from the HD600 I think you'll be happier with the RE0. The Eterna is more like the HD650 in comparison to the HD600.

May 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #334 of 468

Quote:
Coming from the HD600 I think you'll be happier with the RE0. The Eterna is more like the HD650 in comparison to the HD600.

I think you are the guy from budgenaudio, no?
Well than it looks superior, lol hd650>600
When people from europe buy from your store, do you declare it lower so we won't pay taxes?

May 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #335 of 468
By HD650 to HD600 I mean sound signature differences, not sound quality. I think even HD600 vs HD650 sound quality is debatable, some seeing the HD600 as having the better sound quality due to it being more neutral, but that's all in the opinion of the owner (and unrelated to this thread :wink: ).
Anyways, the RE0 beats the Eterna in detail, but the Eterna beats the RE0 for enjoyability, if that makes it clearer. Technically the RE0 would have the better sound, but that's in a similar way to how the ER-4P has excellent sound but it's rather cold and sterile, and because of that some people might prefer, say, the IE8 or SE530, even though they might be behind in SQ.

I don't typically underdeclare unless requested.

May 15, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #336 of 468

Quote:
By HD650 to HD600 I mean sound signature differences, not sound quality. I think even HD600 vs HD650 sound quality is debatable, some seeing the HD600 as having the better sound quality due to it being more neutral, but that's all in the opinion of the owner (and unrelated to this thread :wink: )

I don't typically underdeclare unless requested.

thanks, I was asking because customs makes things expensive.
I understand about hd650/600.

May 18, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #339 of 468
Stock will be on its way shortly, Eterna via FedEx or similar courier being shipped out today or tomorrow to me.

My guess is the Silver Bullet has a bit more of a suitable sound signature, but I'll leave that one to the people with experience with that kind of music.

May 18, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #341 of 468
As far as I know there never was acoustic dampening in the old one, so that must be just a English error. Basically, the changes are acoustic dampening, possible driver changes (not sure if it's confirmed yet, I forgot to ask and my rep didn't mention driver changes, but I'll see in a week or two) and build improvements. A somewhat common problem with the old model was the strain relief on the earphone popping out, and while it was a simple super glue fix with that, FA made sure it wouldn't happen with the new batch.

May 18, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #344 of 468

Quote:
I'd be curious to hear an A/B comparison.

Me too, i'm very tempted to buy the Eterna and would love to know if this new one is an improvement at all. 

May 18, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #345 of 468

Quote:
on that same site last picture shows that the cable is thinner, hopefully for good (also this way we can know which is v2)

The old cable was stiff and doesn't sit well with your ears when you started to walk.
Also there was a tad of microphonics like the RE0 because the wires are so thick.

The new FA line for IEMs sports thinner and they're trying all kinds of experiemental design, was said to been consulted by an ex staff of UE during JH time - I was told but don't know how true it is.
If you have seen their entire line, the old skool to dba, each sports a unique design in their cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back