[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Feb 26, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #211 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, just wait until Sunday, when the Young Upstarts To The South finish up a perfect series.

Of course, first it's the ladies' turn today...

Looks like we beat your ladies, now its time to beat your men! We won't have Brodeur in net this time, and we know what mistakes we made, so get ready for a tight game.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #212 of 468
Does anyone listen to Eterna in the tube? I would love to know how do they perform in what I consider the noisest environment.

How would you compare them to the ER6i on isolation ?

According to ClieOS review, the isolation is really good on Eterna. What do you guys think ?

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #213 of 468
That seems quite impressive. You are really not hearing a baby crying next to you? Do you have the volume set at 100% ? Or are you using any amp ?

Well if you can't hear a baby crying I won't hear anything in the tube I guess.

Thanks for the reply
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #214 of 468
Just ordered the Eterna. Perhaps I can finally replace my aging Mylar X3. I hope all the hype is worth ordering russian headphones from Singapore.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was very tempted to go with the Senns IE8 but had to try this first... especially at 25% of the cost of the Senns. Hope the build quality is decent too, the Crossroads Mylar X3 are built to self-destruct after 6 months ahah.

I read somewhere they come with bi-flanges but in some photos they had other tips... (?).

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #215 of 468
I might have the chance to do another review on Fischer Audio new IEM and headphones, but I am not sure when (hopefully soon) or which models they will sent them to me.

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #217 of 468
Just got my pair today, going to a comparative review with the Audio Technica CKS70 sometime in the next week or so after I burn in the Eterna's a bit more. I will say that the Eterna's are impressing me so far...

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #219 of 468
Hi there guys and especially CLIEOS.

I've already ordered a pair of 'eterna' and really can't wait to try them.I'm listening to hard rock/AOR/Melodic Rock mostly.Do you believe they fit my music taste? What are your thoughts? Am I going to be disappointed?

From what I've read here, it's better to use 'eterna' with an uncoloured source because they offer a warm music signature.I own an IPOD touch 3g 32GB. Is this a neutral source?

Thanks in advance for any answerrs.

PS:The all hype around the 'bass' of Eterna, makes me a bit nervous...I own Altec Lansing UHP306 and I find them enough 'bassy'. I believe that 'extreme bass' could kill music.I hope FA Eternas depict a bass that is not killing the music I prefer.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #220 of 468
I think iPod touch is fine. You want to avoid warm sounding source with Eterna, but iPod in general are colder sounding so you should be fine.. Burn your Eterna for a few hours first before any serious listening. It is a warm, musical IEM with engaging sound, the kind that draw you into the music instead of the SQ. You will be disappointed if you are trying to be technical about it.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #221 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think iPod touch is fine. You want to avoid warm sounding source with Eterna, but iPod in general are colder sounding so you should be fine.. Burn your Eterna for a few hours first before any serious listening. It is a warm, musical IEM with engaging sound, the kind that draw you into the music instead of the SQ. You will be disappointed if you are trying to be technical about it.

Thank you so much for your immediate and helpful answer!

I sometimes tend to be 'technical' with what I'm listening to but I have to admitt that 'eterna' is my first serious set of IEMs.

The best set I've used so far is Altec Lansing's UHP306 so I guess FA Eterna is a step ahead.

Some information regarding 'burn-in', (way, program, hours etc) would be highly appreciated!

Thanks again ClieOS

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #222 of 468
My burn in routine is pretty simple. A few albums of different genre in continuous loop, volume is slightly above what I consider to be normal listening volume for a short period of time, but not ear cracking loud.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #223 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My burn in routine is pretty simple. A few albums of different genre in continuous loop, volume is slightly above what I consider to be normal listening volume for a short period of time, but not ear cracking loud.

Oh...that simple?!!!

I had in mind the 'pink noise' thing.

Thanks again for your help m8.
L3000.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #224 of 468
Hi,

I was searching on ebay for the FA flagship and I found this

Quote:

Specification
Driver: Balanced Armature
Frequency range: 50-23500 Hz
Sensitivity: 109 dB
Impedance: 30 Om
Input power: 50 mW
Length of a cable: 1.25 M
Color: transparent/black
Box: gift box
Set: ear tips, pouch

If it's true, it looks really promissing, especially the highs extensions, but damn, how could single BA get so high?

Also it would be great to hear some RE0,Eterna,(you name it) vs. SBA-01 comparison. Anyone with SBA-01 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back