[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Dec 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #151 of 468
Dec 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #153 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I but the FA Eterna if I live in the US?

ebay
contact FA directly to see if they are willing to sell you one
find used ones at head-fi
join group buys at other forums (group buy is supposedly not allowed on head-fi)

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #154 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ebay
contact FA directly to see if they are willing to sell you one
find used ones at head-fi
join group buys at other forums (group buy is supposedly not allowed on head-fi)

I did contact them directly, no reply. It was last week that I sent the email.

Dec 16, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #155 of 468
I just got my Eterna.
Haven't done much burn in. So far, not as bassy as what I was expecting (I am a closet basshead). (Edit: lack of bass could be my choice of songs.)
The packaging is smaller than I thought - about 2/5 the thickness of UE TF10's packaging.
The phones themselves are smaller than what I expected too - noticeably smaller than Shure e2c. Fits pretty comfortable.
Both Comply T-400 and vsonic foam (found on ebay) fit them snugly. Shure Olive looks too small for them.
I must commend the customer service at FA for their courtesy and patience to accommodate my purchase. Good people, even though sometimes it takes a little long to hear reply. (Note: with shipping and handling and money transfer/bank fees, the total comes out much more than what ClieOS had mentioned, so it may be better to wait for someone to sell them locally.)

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #157 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by borako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems there's an eBay seller now:

eBay Seller: gd audiobase: Electronics items on eBay.com

13 feedbacks, none of them includes these phones bothers me a bit.

15 feedbacks now. One of those is from me but it was a private listing so it does not show what it was.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect at first since the seller did not have any feedbacks from selling but Paypal covers 100% of purchase price so I took my chances and ordered an Eterna.

You simply can't expect something shipped from Russia to be delivered to the States in a few days but I received my Eterna as promised with no problem at all.

I've been following Head-Fi for some time though, I just had to register to post this to let people know my experience with the seller.
As he posted above by Marine Pilot, he (I assumed it was HIM
biggrin.gif
) is an audiophile himself, I would not have hesitated as much if I knew about it beforehand.

I ended up writing a short review of Eterna here but I will instead move it to the thread Marine Pilot started.

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #158 of 468
I use cheap Koss ksc75 phones for the office but interested in a pair of IEM's to replace. I have little experience with IEM's but so far, although the ones I heard are in the sub $100 category, I have not heard one that is better than the ksc75. Anyone have the Eterna's and kcs75 and care to make a comparison? Thank You!

(BTW, for office, I use no amp - straight out of a labtop or ipod)

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #160 of 468
I have good news for you all.
I contacted FA today and they answered me they'll add the possibility to buy their earphones directly from the website, but the only bad point is that it will start in February only, so if there is no possibility for you to have a pair before, you'll have to wait for a month.

Dec 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #161 of 468
I haven't had any luck contacting them by email, unfortunately. I've tried contacting them through their contact page in their site and also through their sales agent in Europe a few days later, with no reply. After this, I emailed Selek, their Scandinavian resellers, that told me they dont ship outside...Scandinavia.

My inquire was about the availability of the Eternas in Western Europe, as I'm from Portugal. I would like to know how to buy them and what would be the final price.

I'll wait some more, maybe try contacting them again but if the lack of feedback persists, I'll probably go for the Klipsch Image S4 instead.

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #162 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex223 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have good news for you all.
I contacted FA today and they answered me they'll add the possibility to buy their earphones directly from the website, but the only bad point is that it will start in February only, so if there is no possibility for you to have a pair before, you'll have to wait for a month.

But it's really sure?

Ok, i'll wait
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #163 of 468
Got my Eterna yesterday. Now I understand why you Clieos rated them so high

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #164 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But it's really sure?

Ok, i'll wait
biggrin.gif

Of course, here is what I recieved from them :

Quote:

Dear Sir,

We currently do not have any representative in Switzerland.

However an internet website will be running from February next year where you will be able to purchase the numerous items we manufacture.

We thank you very much for your interest and look forward to serve you.

Sincerely yours,

Fabrice Mary, Worldwide Division

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back