[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
Jul 10, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #166 of 195
will be interesting to see how they choose to evolve the Genesis from the Eterna, considering the Eterna's v.1 to v.2 evolution was met with a mixed response. havent's seen too many reviewers who didn't prefer the v.1. 

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #167 of 195
2 Questions:

1) Can someone summarize the comparison of IE8 vs DBA02? Because in my country, IE8 is costing almost twice as much as DBA2. Is the IE8's SQ/sounstage/etc twice as good as DBA2's?

2) Can someone point me to / tell me a summary of RE252 vs IE8 coz IE8 again costs twice as much as RE252.

I am a bass lover so was inclined towards IE8/TF10 but why should i pay twice as much (compared to RE252 / DBA2) just for the bass ?

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #168 of 195
Answer to #1. I owned the IE8, and going from memory, I would choose the DBAs over the IE8s because I felt the Senns were veiled, way too warm, bass and soundstage or not. At the time, I preferred the Westone 3s over the IE8s, in fact, which is why I sold the IE8. I would like to hear the W3s again, now that I have custom sleeves, but no matter. I am sold on the DBAs as the best value in IEMs, and also competitive with any top tier phone costing 2x or 3x their price.

Jul 25, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #169 of 195
I was wondering if you guys can tell me which tri-flange etys fit the DBA-02s.
Is it the ER6i-18 you're talking about?

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #171 of 195

FA Genesis (as well as Falcon and Equilibrium v.2) are out of factory. Currently they slowly moving from China toward russian shops :)

Inside info: there gonna be dba-04 in the end of this or beginning of the next year - slightly less expensive version of dual driver armature with completely different sound signature. Also company have some ideas about more armature models, but they don't want to reveal it now :)

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #172 of 195

Quote:

FA Genesis (as well as Falcon and Equilibrium v.2) are out of factory. Currently they slowly moving from China toward russian shops :)

Inside info: there gonna be dba-04 in the end of this or beginning of the next year - slightly less expensive version of dual driver armature with completely different sound signature. Also company have some ideas about more armature models, but they don't want to reveal it now :)

Any chance for more pictures of genesis?

dba-04 o.O , interesting. 

Aug 31, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #174 of 195
dam I havent even gotten the dba -02 and there is already word of dba -04. Dam you buyers regret 
angry_face.gif

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #175 of 195

Quote:
dam I havent even gotten the dba -02 and there is already word of dba -04. Dam you buyers regret 
angry_face.gif

Well, at least it doesn't sound like the DBA-04 will be superior to the DBA-02: "Inside info: there gonna be dba-04 in the end of this or beginning of the next year - slightly less expensive version of dual driver armature with completely different sound signature."

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #176 of 195
o I took it as a dba- o4 will be coming out, and also a less expensive dual driver as well.... I hope it is just a crappy dba- I wanna own the top dog 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #177 of 195
How does you not owning the best Fischer Audio has to offer prevent you from enjoying your music? Although there really isn't best out there. Also it really doesn't sound like the DBA-04 will be out anytime soon.

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #178 of 195
it doesnt and im just kidding when saying how I hope it sucks so I feel better about my self 
biggrin.gif
... But thanks rawrster, your advise would greatly be important to my ass if I actually thought that. I know there is no best iem and up until now I have only been able to get the dirt cheapies due to money going to education. So really, I am happy as a clam with what ever I get my hands on. I really hope fischer continues to make a more diverse and grander lineup though, I want to see this little company shine and become appreciated by more consumers.

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #179 of 195
Yeah you have to remember what the earphones are used for. Often times we get lost in the collection portion of this hobby that we forget why we are here. Although I've been pretty happy with my Eterna and RE-Zero which cost less than the cost of the DBA-02 but price isn't everything since I do own a pair of more expensive earphones.

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #180 of 195
The DBA-04 will not be superior (or much lower) to/than the DBA-02, merely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back