[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - For Your Ears Only
Jun 3, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #106 of 195
After some more comparison, there is not a whole lot of change unless you liked the copious mid-bass of the V1 or wanted a true bass monster. The new ones are bassy for sure, but not the total bass monsters the old ones were.

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #107 of 195
Yeah, that's both the benefit and draw back of the Eterna v1.  Listening to them is like listening to a good car stereo with a prominent subwoofer.  It's fun, but you don't always want it.  It is set up well where it isn't terribly intrusive, and EQing is easy enough for it.

I am curious how much has changed overall to the v2.  I'm also big on EQing, so frequency response changes don't really bug me.  If the low end can be EQed on v2 but offer better low frequency definition, great.

I'm just not sold on the damping thing.  I know what damping does, so I'm curious how the Eterna was affected.  Low frequency bass is hard to get in an earphone.  By low I mean 20Hz to 40Hz low, more so below the common audible range and down into the visceral range that you feel.  Damping unfortunately can do a number of things depending on what was done.  In many cases though it does reduce low frequency sensitivity, and I'm not a fan of seeing this go.

Everything is a compromise though.

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #108 of 195
My v2 hasn't got into the half way point in burn-in yet, but so far it seems to be better than the beta unit already. It sounds different from the v1 for sure: warmer, thicker, better body at the lower end but not quite as good on the upper end. It sounds slightly less fun than v1 for sure as it is overall smoother, but it is still too early to tell whether this will be the same after the burn-in.

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #109 of 195

Quote:
It really sucks that Eterna Rev.1 are unavailable anyway and only the Rev.2 is ready for purchase.

Just recntly i have received the news from FA that there is small number of Eterna v.1 available to order. And i have ordered not a big amounf of phones.
So now they are available in retail for those who wants to buy Eterna v.1

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #110 of 195
doublepost

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #111 of 195
doublepost

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #112 of 195
One thing I noticed today is that the sound with the V2 (in my ears at least, no guarantees you will experience this as it is dealing with fit) is improved when the bi-flanges aren't totally in your ears. What I mean is, they are inserted fully but not as far as they can go. It could just be my ears and how they are shaped, but when that happens some clarity is lost. The best thing to do would just to pay attention while you insert them and not just shove them right in like I had been. Insertion depth seems to be the key here.

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #114 of 195
Initial impressions of the Eterna Rev.2 are positive. Rich, full sound. A bit on the warm side, but not too bad.

Excellent for hard rock. You can pick apart a drummer's performance as the heavy vocals boom in the foreground. Drums do not overpower as there is so freakin' much going on that everything just booms into your skull.. But not in a bad way :)

Not great for soft rock. Drums appear to overpower softer guitar melodies and vocal performances. These are IEMs made for NOISE. The more going on in the song, the better. Perhaps that's what ClieOS meant by "fun"?

Electronic is surprisingly detailed, surpassing the notoriously cold RE2s despite having considerable more bass (which I was worried would negatively affect detail). When you get these IEMs, this is what I want you to do: Pick a song that has your favourite beat lead-up. As the beat builds, prepare yourself... When the beat finally drops, you will wonder how you ever appreciated the song before listening to it with a lesser IEM.

One thing I've noticed.. 320kbps is a necessity for my tracks now. I couldn't hear the difference between 192 and 320 with my RE2s, and boy, I can hear it now.

More to come after a proper burn-in!

Jun 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #115 of 195
For those who have tested V1 and V2, witch one should i get? there is a small bagde of V1 for sale now, and i could wait for the V2, but if the V1 come out to be the better ones it would be a shame i didnt order the old version
smile_phones.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #116 of 195

Quote:
Just recntly i have received the news from FA that there is small number of Eterna v.1 available to order. And i have ordered not a big amounf of phones.
So now they are available in retail for those who wants to buy Eterna v.1

Im a little confused, are you saying that your selling them or that the distributors should have them? The only two distributors I have been able to find that ships to the states DO NOT have the V.1 listed.

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #117 of 195
I haven't been informed of any V1 for sale. Actually, that kind of ticks me off, I waited for at least 2 months without stock and if there was stock after all...

I'll make an inquiry anyways. I don't think the difference is big enough of a deal for me to get any in though, but if it's a possibility I may.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #118 of 195
Jun 4, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #119 of 195

Quote:
Im a little confused, are you saying that your selling them or that the distributors should have them? The only two distributors I have been able to find that ships to the states DO NOT have the V.1 listed.

I selling them in my shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan961 

I waited for at least 2 months without stock and if there was stock after all...

It was a batch coming back from some distributor, so they was not gathered dust in FA's stock all the time.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #120 of 195
That's good, I would be rather upset if they did have that stock all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back