REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-002W High Edition
Oct 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 131
A mid fi priced closed back dynamic driver is more clear than the HD800?  More Dynamic even, better separation and bass quality and quantity?  That is a tall order and I am having trouble believing it! ( not that I dont trust yah ) but man that makes me want to hear them for myself, sounds like something I have wanted for years.  

How is the headband? I cant find any front side images of it, I want to see what it looks like on someones head to judge the gaps on the sides of someones noggin', want to see how well it conforms and such. Dang, I am really upset about it being so picky with amping :[

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #17 of 131

Quote:
Could you please give some rating to your modified Fostex T50RP ("BEST CLOSED HEADPHONE I HAVE EVER HEARD!") and your Fischer FA-002W HE / FA-002W / FA-003?

I really can't as it would not be a fair comparison due to the different driver technology.

When Fischer decides to release an ortho, then I will put it up against my Paradox.
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 131
I just noticed in the included accessories there are velour pads as well. Did you try those and notice any difference in the sound? They were fairly comfortable, but the leather was still getting warm in the short time I had them on at the meet.

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #19 of 131
Subscribed. I'm seriously hoping these turn out to be awesome. I'm not sure which future headphone I have to sacrifice, but LFF is so good at making me consider it.

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #21 of 131

Quote:
I just noticed in the included accessories there are velour pads as well. Did you try those and notice any difference in the sound? They were fairly comfortable, but the leather was still getting warm in the short time I had them on at the meet.

Yes I did. The velour pads need to be broken in and they don't break in quickly. I wish they were as soft as the pleather. As far as sound, they sounded slightly worse but I am 100% sure it's because the pads were too new.

Quote:
lff..any info on the fa-006??

Writing the review...should be posted in a few days.

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #22 of 131
So its competition for ye old thunderpants?

If the thunderpants is a step down from the lcd2, and the HD 800 is about two and a half steps down from the lcd2, but the high edition is in fact a step up from the hd800 naturally by logic oops I just went crosseyed

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #23 of 131

Quote:
I really can't as it would not be a fair comparison due to the different driver technology.

When Fischer decides to release an ortho, then I will put it up against my Paradox.
biggrin.gif

since u have already pit the close can with a widewideopen hd800...( fairgame :p )
u might as well venture to say a few words on how this closedcan rank against your paradox..however unfair it may be,
forget technology or mechanical closed/open structures...share with us, sonically how they compare?  :p

Oct 30, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #25 of 131

Quote:
since u have already pit the close can with a widewideopen hd800...( fairgame :p )
u might as well venture to say a few words on how this closedcan rank against your paradox..however unfair it may be,
forget technology or mechanical closed/open structures...share with us, sonically how they compare?  :p

Quote:

Very well....

I find that all orthos are usually easier to pair with amps than the High Edition. As I mentioned in my review, the High Edition is very finicky and needs a good tube amp to sound its best. Orthos on the other hand, aren't finicky at all and are equally at home with solid state and tube amplification.

Sonically, most high end orthos are a step above the High Edition IMHO just as they are a step above the HD800 IMHO. They tend to have better bass, better resolution and solid but beautiful mids. It's just the difference in driver technologies and it really comes down to personal preference.

Oct 30, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #26 of 131
I have good tube OTL amps but not sure to try the High Edition version since you stated it is very finicky for some odd reason I do not fully understand. Maybe the FA003 or the standard FA-002W may have better outcomes since I am not going to change amps just to find better synergy with the picky headphones.

Oct 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #27 of 131
My crosshair is on the T50RP and a pack of Blu Tac to mod...,
...and maybe....just maybe...the 006...waiting for LFF's review.
tongue.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #28 of 131
the review is out.... a wider sounding 006, vs the 003..http://www.head-fi.org/t/578046/review-fischer-audio-fa-006-baby-brother-to-the-fa-003-antithesis-to-the-beats

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #30 of 131

Quote:
I did not noticed him saying that the 006 is wider sounding than the 003 version.

"The actual sound of the FA-006 is very open and sounds like an open headphone design..."

"Soundstage depth is very good as is soundstage width. This in turn makes the FA-006 a very holographic sounding headphone. "

i interpolated/interpreted/translated...from his lingo, and my funnelled experience with the 003..
003 is deep ..cavelike deep, but not oceanwide.. the reason y i sold it.
tongue_smile.gif

The word HOLOGRAPHIC is threatening to bust my christmas budget.

deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back