Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Jul 23, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #136 of 272
  The Heaven VI mids are my favorite of any portable IEM that I have heard. (By portable I am excluding the FAD 1601/1602 series which are something different and also very special.) Vocals are especially fine but so is, for example, acoustic guitar. Lush is the right word.

I recommend the type B wide bore tips as providing a more compelling soundstage.

I agree. That could be one reason as to why the separation wasn't as good as those other IEMs pinoyman compared them to (I haven't heard those though). I find the lushness accompanied with the type A narrow bore tips make the sound slightly congested. 

To pinoyman, I agree in that even for a surely not neutral IEM, they're very transparent. I find the Heaven VI to be quite revealing of equipment upstream and if anything, good gear make these IEMs even less forgiving to compressed recordings. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #137 of 272
quick update on my impression:

iphone 5c + astell and kern ak10 + final audio heaven 6

ok, things were all getting better here.
feeding the final audio heaven 6 a good quality dac and amp reveals its true capabilities.
all those HOT HIGHS i did mention in my first impression were all gone, it only leads to one conclusion = the iphone 5c has poor dac and amp built.
well, what can we expect from it. :) ?
that's why many companies provide the amp and dac that would bypass the signal *amp and dac of the apple player.

anyway, things were a bit more beautiful this time.
the soundstage expands more, spaces were provide more between instruments, there were now more ups, downs, left and right, and deepness into my music.
and...worst is...any tracks ive played, im never changing it... im attached to it. im more sucked into my music more... well, that i think is an excellent outcome. :) 
it makes me listen more to my music without ever changing it, hahaha. someone also mentioned it here, i remember when i back read in this thread. i can now say, it truly is.

NO MORE HOT HIGHS.
can never be heard here anymore.
just pure bliss of sound.
what makes you listen more, perhaps is its tuning... its balanced. 
no frequency is above anything else.
just voice, sparkles here and there of any instruments, it sounds more sweet, the fluidness of that MIDS is just everywhere in your music...you can really hear it, making your music such a fun and musical kind. no thick and boring mids, just the right amount. no matter what genre i listen to... from rock, ballad to live concerts... they sounded great.
soundstage may not be as faithful and true as my NAD VISO hp, but i guess, this one can prove to be something, because of its iem limitation, it can still give me that special soundstage for an iem.

for those who are interested in buying one, pls feed it high quality set up. 
a good format of your music (flac or 320kbps mp3) then a good quality amp or dac...
you will see the true capability of your iem. you can push its limits where you can say, this one is not an ordinary kind of an iem... because it can do more than what you expected.

i forget to mention, the vocals in all tracks ive played, has its own special placement.
its more of an upfront kind, with center, with a space in between instruments. its given more of a special placement, i think, because, when you hear the vocals of the artists, you hear it clearly, and thats a very nice thing, specially if you are listening to a good singer.

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #139 of 272
That does look like the narrow tip to me. Try and get hold of some wide bore tips. I don't know if a FAD dealer could help.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #140 of 272
Definitely Type A narrow tips!! But hey, if you're enjoying them, that's more than good enough

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #141 of 272
^yeah, the bore is narrow... just like in my ue700.
well, i got some extras from other brands of iem in my possession. ill try to give them a try and see if those fits.

perhaps only then would the soundstage improve

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #142 of 272
If you still got the tips from your EQ7, try those.  They are my absolute favorite tips.  The original single flange silicon tips from the UE triple10 are good wide bore tips as well.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #143 of 272
already sold those, anyway, i was surprised last night to find that the girl who sold me these, also gave me the medium size eartips with the big bore.
:) will try it later or tomorrow if things would improve.

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #144 of 272
already sold those, anyway, i was surprised last night to find that the girl who sold me these, also gave me the medium size eartips with the big bore.
:) will try it later or tomorrow if things would improve.

HOOOOORAAAAAY!!! Good for you

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #145 of 272
just an update:

the wide bore really adds an additional soundstage with the iem.
the HOT highs i have mentioned before isnt present anymore, even when i directly plugged the iem to my iphone 5c, well...things are getting more better and interesting now :) yay!
*i dont know if that is due to iem burn in or if it does have an effect on BA drivers

seems like the sweet, lush and liquid signature plus the accuracy and more revealing nature of this iem makes the listener became more immerse in his music.
i really love this iem now. :)
its becoming my favorite.

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #147 of 272
yeah, you should. i have missed my sm3s, eq7s and specially the fx700 before.
but for me, now, this maybe one of the reason im stopping my iem hunt again (fx700 did that to me before). 
really love the vocals and the sweetness of the presentation.

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #148 of 272
hey guys, i just found out that final audio is assembled or made in the philippines, that's why some sellers offer their FINAL AUDIO HEAVEN iv and vi for a steal price here.
the prices goes low as 150-200 usd only (php 7500 pesos only)!
and that's brand new without the case, the box, and no receipt.

well, ill have to confirm it first...

but here is one seller online in the philippines that said, final audio piano fortes were made in the PH.
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=11163511

made but no market here, it isnt sold in our country.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #150 of 272
  hey guys, i just found out that final audio is assembled or made in the philippines, that's why some sellers offer their FINAL AUDIO HEAVEN iv and vi for a steal price here.
the prices goes low as 150-200 usd only (php 7500 pesos only)!
and that's brand new without the case, the box, and no receipt.

well, ill have to confirm it first...

but here is one seller online in the philippines that said, final audio piano fortes were made in the PH.
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=11163511

made but no market here, it isnt sold in our country.

The Piano Forte II is a low-end earbud that happens to share the Piano Forte name with the high end FAD dynamic IEMs, i.e. PF VIII, IX and X. Those three are made in Japan. As I understand, the Heavens are indeed made in the Philippines and, no surprise, the PF II also.

Those items without cases etc. are gray market and not only of highly questionable legality but also no certainty as to quality control. Are they stolen from the factory? If so, before or after QC checks? They might even be rejects that failed QC. You cannot know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back