Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Mar 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #106 of 272

Depth might have some influence but the real issue is how wide your ear canals are. Mine are very (i.e. unusually) wide. 

Boy, mine too!  I have this fear that I can touch my eardrum with my index finger.

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #107 of 272
ok.so today I got a great deal from an online store at my place regarding Final Audio Design VI which is as low as $550usd..what do you think?should I grab it?

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #109 of 272
Apr 25, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #111 of 272
I dropped mine yesterday from the first floor, while going up the stairs. Now the left ears is having a very subtle crackling noise, with particular frequencies. The sound is almost comparable to the sound you hear after you put them in your ears, while the vacuum is being lifted. So it was difficult to even determine the problem. I bought these used from this site, about half a year ago. I contacted my local dealer to check if they can repair them (Belgium/Netherlands), otherwise I might contact the original seller to hear where he bought these (somewhere in the UK). Quite a bummer. Do not feel like spending money on new iems, then again i do not want anything less than these.

May 8, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #112 of 272
Just receive my FAD VI yesterday. Imported from japan. First listening not as i expexted. The mids are wonderful. Listening to vocal i can hear every words crystal clear. Maybe it just not sound signature for me. Considering on selling them soon.

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #113 of 272
Hi guys, I'm searching for an amplifier specifically for my Heaven VI and with my iPod Video 5.5g. I currently have a CL Duet but I find the sound of the Heaven VI to be too warm for me when paired with the warmish iPod and the Duet. What relatively neutral portable amplifier have you guys tried with the Heaven VI? 

My current choices are the Pico Slim and the new CL Picollo. 

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #114 of 272
Giv
Just receive my FAD VI yesterday. Imported from japan. First listening not as i expexted. The mids are wonderful. Listening to vocal i can hear every words crystal clear. Maybe it just not sound signature for me. Considering on selling them soon.
Give them a bit of ear time. I thought the sig was odd when I tried them but slowly realised that they are very special. Convey emotion even more than my JH13's. Sadly did not fit my ears.

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #115 of 272
  Hi guys, I'm searching for an amplifier specifically for my Heaven VI and with my iPod Video 5.5g. I currently have a CL Duet but I find the sound of the Heaven VI to be too warm for me when paired with the warmish iPod and the Duet. What relatively neutral portable amplifier have you guys tried with the Heaven VI?

My current choices are the Pico Slim and the new CL Picollo.

Rockboxed iPod Classic with the Pico Slim used to be my rig with the Heaven VI. It is a very good combination, and a lovely diminutive package. Get the Whiplash right exit Twaag ipod cable from Headanp when you order the Pico Slim. It's a perfect fit.

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #116 of 272

Rockboxed iPod Classic with the Pico Slim used to be my rig with the Heaven VI. It is a very good combination, and a lovely diminutive package. Get the Whiplash right exit Twaag ipod cable from Headanp when you order the Pico Slim. It's a perfect fit.

Thanks for the suggestion!! Will find a way to demo the pair and if I like the pairing, I'll get it right after I get the other things currently on my sights (micro iDSD, HE-560).

Jul 20, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #118 of 272
I love the sound of the Brainwavz B2. Would I love this? A friend is selling his for $200... I only have $120 though, so I need to know if this is worth it.

You have no way to demo it before you decide? It will take a while to completely understand the sound signature but after all the brain burn in I significantly prefer them over the B2… then again, I rather dislike the B2's analytical sound signature. They complement and contrast in terms of signature. They're really different… what music do you listen to?

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #119 of 272
I listen to mostly alt rock and pop punk, such as fob, patd, and arctic monkeys :)
I'm prone to bass fatigue. I find the gr07 to be too much, hope this info helps.
I can't really really test it now, he's like in a different state. I'll be able to audition them in the first week of August, but I'm afraid someone else might snap it up...
My next option is the RHA Ma750, or going a different direction and trying one of the cheaper Grados.

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #120 of 272
I listen to mostly alt rock and pop punk, such as fob, patd, and arctic monkeys
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm prone to bass fatigue. I find the gr07 to be too much, hope this info helps.
I can't really really test it now, he's like in a different state. I'll be able to audition them in the first week of August, but I'm afraid someone else might snap it up...
My next option is the RHA Ma750, or going a different direction and trying one of the cheaper Grados.

HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITH THE B2s?? Their articulation and clarity sounds nice for albums like Pretty. Odd. but for me, it rips apart FoB and not so well mastered recordings. Decent with AM (the album) but lacks the slam for me. I've never heard the GR07 nor the MA750 but I highly doubt they can best the Heaven VI overall. I'll edit this post later after I compare my B2s and HVIs some more. Do you have any other equipment up the chain??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back