Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Jul 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #151 of 272
^perhaps, but not fakes. i find no OEM versions of this beauty.
about quality control, well, the sellers let you try em all you want, of course your ears will know if the description from reviews fits the sound you are hearing in the said sale pair.

i saw about 3 sellers online, they say it came from UK, one said from JAPAN.

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #152 of 272

Rockboxed iPod Classic with the Pico Slim used to be my rig with the Heaven VI. It is a very good combination, and a lovely diminutive package. Get the Whiplash right exit Twaag ipod cable from Headanp when you order the Pico Slim. It's a perfect fit.

I got a secondhand Pico Slim… the synergy with my iPod is amazing… the DX90 has great synergy and better overall technicalities and spaciousness but the tonality of the iPod/Pico Slim pairing is just closer to perfect. I love my DX90 but if got the Pico beforehand… I probably wouldn't have bought the DX90. Thanks again cooperpwc.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #153 of 272
Guys, sorry for asking here, but I have no idea on where else to find this information and FADs support is being silent.
Are these IEMs customizable? I mean, is it possible to get the driver off of it, or is it potted in there?
Thanks

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #154 of 272
  Guys, sorry for asking here, but I have no idea on where else to find this information and FADs support is being silent.
Are these IEMs customizable? I mean, is it possible to get the driver off of it, or is it potted in there?
Thanks

Hi - I'm not quite sure about your question but the only customization that can be done with this is changing the tips.  If you're also asking if the cable is removeable, they are not.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #155 of 272
You could have custom tips made for them.
If you are thinking of re shelling, I suspect not as I believe that the construction is an integral part of the sound. I could be wrong.

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #157 of 272
You could have custom tips made for them.
If you are thinking of re shelling, I suspect not as I believe that the construction is an integral part of the sound. I could be wrong.

100% agree. The VI is rather expensive to begin with and a lot of cost for a single BA transplant. Even if you did reshell it in a custom shell, it most likely wouldn't sound like a VI anymore, but who knows.  To each their own.  I say "go for it."  The outcome would be at least entertaining to read.

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #158 of 272

100% agree. The VI is rather expensive to begin with and a lot of cost for a single BA transplant. Even if you did reshell it in a custom shell, it most likely wouldn't sound like a VI anymore, but who knows.  To each their own.  I say "go for it."  The outcome would be at least entertaining to read.

Well, yeah, I know, but the question is - is that possible at all?

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #161 of 272

Well, yeah, I know, but the question is - is that possible at all?

It will be extremely hard to make it sound close to FAD with reshelling in my opinion, as FAD always mentioned their key point of sound tuning, will be their exclusive BAM technology, and how they utilise the material of the housing for sound resonance.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #162 of 272
In addition... I believe that this is the same balanced armature as the Heaven IV and V. With the VI, you are paying for the tuning of the chrome copper shell. So if you want to try such an experiment, consider doing it with the IV and save a bundle. But I would not expect the results to have the unique wonderful qualities of the Heaven VI at all.

Honestly it strikes me as a terrible idea but - if you want to take one for the team - I will be curious as to how it turns out. :)

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #163 of 272
all,
I previously had these, but then someone stole them :frowning2:
I find that I still miss its sound signature.... perhaps because the pain of loss burns inside me :).
Does anyone know how these might compare to all or any of the following:
RE-600 (great price right now, and seems like a competitor)
IE800
FX-850 or FX-1200 (I know these are probably most distinctly different, but they have warm mids, so I'm told)

Thanks for your assistance.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #165 of 272
  Hi I am also interested in buying them, I am wondering how would it compared to Shure 535?

I do not own heaven VI yet but for now I have se535 and FI-BA-SS. In case anyone is curious, the most obvious differences between them are: 1. 535's mid is more forward.(535 is like at 2nd row while FI-BA-SS is at 4-5row) 2. FI-BA-SS has much better bass(both quality and quantity wise.) 3. Soundstage is A LOT wider with FI-BA-SS. Obviously FI-BA-SS is just the overall better and more refined sounding iem here. Both are among the best for vocal though. I may be getting the Heaven VI soon and will do a short comparison later on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back