Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Jan 3, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #166 of 272
I've noticed that these are very dependent on source output impedance. When using my O2 or my Cayin C5, both of which have very low output impedances (.54 and .32 respectively) the sound is more lush, and what I assume is the intended sound signature. With my OnePlus One, they take on a very trebly character with sparkling highs and less bass quantity. With my Cowon i10 the sound comes very close to the O2 and C5, just with a tad less bass quantity, so the Cowon has an output impedance of just over 2 ohms, like 2.1X. Based on the 1/8th rule, you should use a source with output impedance of 2 ohms or less, especially with these as they are balanced armatures and have impedance swings that affect the frequency response rather greatly. What sources do you guys use?

Jan 3, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #167 of 272
^perhaps, but not fakes. i find no OEM versions of this beauty.
about quality control, well, the sellers let you try em all you want, of course your ears will know if the description from reviews fits the sound you are hearing in the said sale pair.

i saw about 3 sellers online, they say it came from UK, one said from JAPAN.

Mine say Made in Japan on the packaging.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #168 of 272
this iem is too strong in vocals
beyersmile.png

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #169 of 272
Heaven II is amazing for metal, best iv heard under £200 and it only cost £60.

Guitar separation is very good, bass is lightning fast and the cymbals have great decay.

i shall try the VII one day

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #170 of 272
  Heaven II is amazing for metal, best iv heard under £200 and it only cost £60.

Guitar separation is very good, bass is lightning fast and the cymbals have great decay.

i shall try the VII one day

vi is better than vii

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #172 of 272
Agree with you... though I go to it cause of it's mids :)  really want to try out other Final Products,
Other one I've heard are Pandora IV, and A-B ing it with M70x, The AT suit my taste better with it's intimate soundstage.

Mar 26, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #174 of 272
  if you guys want an upgrade to your heaven 6, go with the 7. :wink:
i have both and i find the 7 the upgrade.
same sound signature, but more better than the 6.

no 6 is better than 7.

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #176 of 272
Has anyone tried the FAD V it is not easy to find a review and I am curious about how they compare in sound signature to the 6
fad v is less detailed and has narrower soundstage than 6. 6 is a better iem in terms of overall. Vocals are intimate and resolving

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #177 of 272
I've noticed that these are very dependent on source output impedance. When using my O2 or my Cayin C5, both of which have very low output impedances (.54 and .32 respectively) the sound is more lush, and what I assume is the intended sound signature. With my OnePlus One, they take on a very trebly character with sparkling highs and less bass quantity. With my Cowon i10 the sound comes very close to the O2 and C5, just with a tad less bass quantity, so the Cowon has an output impedance of just over 2 ohms, like 2.1X. Based on the 1/8th rule, you should use a source with output impedance of 2 ohms or less, especially with these as they are balanced armatures and have impedance swings that affect the frequency response rather greatly. What sources do you guys use?

I agree with this. LH Labs Geek Out 100 amp+DAC has two output jacks: one with 0.47 ohm and one with 47 ohm output impedance. Heaven VI sounds more thin and trebly on the 47 ohm jack (feels more silent as well) and more lush on the 0.47 ohm jack. A dynamic driver IEM barely changes in terms of sound quality when I try this (the sound is louder on the 0.47 ohm jack). Connected to my laptop Heaven VI sounds thin and to my Note 4 (Exynos with Wolfram WM5110) it sounds lush.

Those who find Heaven VI too trebly or thin should try a lower output impedance source (balanced armature drivers are affected the most by the output impedance of a source, and the 1/8 rule of thumb (or the 1/8th rule) says to use a source that has output impedance lower than 1/8 of the headphone impedance). I use Comply foam tips to avoid vacuum seal issues that could change the sound quality and comfort. I use them reversed to avoid muffling the sound or losing treble due to the foam in front of the tube.

Sep 29, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #178 of 272
I only use my iPhone 5 as my source for this IEM while I play it on my Radsone music app. The thing I like about this IEM the most is the sound separation, you can hear all the instruments used in the song. I love it!

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #179 of 272
The Heaven V has a cooler sound:more neutral...

The Heaven VI definitely has a wider and vocal centric sound

but

The Heaven VIII is more balanced and slightly wider sounding with a great seductive sound with vocals and RnB

The Heaven VII is a cooler sounding version of the Heaven VIII

All are good depending on your mood (and budget)....all are very well constructed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back