[REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp
Feb 7, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #16 of 42
Yeah dude I know you're pulling the whole "I'm legit and I don't have to prove it to you" bit, but you DO realize how it sounds when you have a review like this up and you're trying to sell the unit?

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #17 of 42
I wish they sent one to me. I don't even want the product, but at least I would have given it a fair review. I guess your values are worth about 100 bucks. Its not even that you are selling it, its that almost none of the other reviewers that receive products sell it, they give it away. How many times have we seen Skylab give up amp after amp after headphone? Yea dude, way to blow it.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #18 of 42
Guess the DAC portion didn't get much use?

And the linked to "impression" post is a lot longer than the review here is...

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cynics will be cynics. I'm not going to spend time arguing with you as it is pointless to try to convince an obstinate. Rather, I'm just going stick around and watch you dedicate even more time, like you have done above, to my thread.
beerchug.gif
Keep up the good work!

I was recently told personally by Jude that selling review samples was forbidden on HF. He considers it the same as "flipping." While I might disagree about the philosophy of forbidding sale of gratis gear (there is something to the idea that the seller put time and effort into the work, but that is another discussion about free gear and objectivity), to then turn around and sell it for what would seem to be even higher than the MSRP is pretty much disgusting. Plus, your review doesn't divulge anywhere you got it gratis, though most HFers know it's not out yet (but not everyone would know that when reading). Any review that is of free gear should have that information right at the top.

In the past, I have sold review gear (now on ebay only) and my asking price was way below MSRP (even on ebay). Folks can debate whether or not that's legit, but at the very least, you should be selling this E7 at a very hefty discount to another HF member. However, that may be a moot point very shortly.

HF needs to clarify its position on this, so it's either established as against the rules or not.

In the meantime, whether I buy an E7 or not will be determined when someone posts a legit review.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I'm still scratching my head as to how the heck did OP get fiio to send him a review sample..

Deception probably.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you even allowed to sell review samples??

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was recently told personally by Jude that selling review samples was forbidden on HF. He considers it the same as "flipping."

there you go
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #29 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this is what got tstarn06 banned?

That's pretty crappy.

Seems like Hurryup should've gotten the ban.

Yup there does not seem to be a standard and fair level of moderating and administration on this forum. Users asking legitimate questions via PM and doing the right thing pointing out obvious violations to moderators get banned, while a blind eye is given to individuals who are deliberately and defiantly breaking head-fi rules and casting doubt on reviews done here by honest ethical folk.

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #30 of 42
i hope this wasnt the reason for his ban..i do however wonder how hurryup avoids being banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back