[REVIEW] FiiO E7 USB DAC Headphone Amp
Feb 10, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't take it seriously when you're barely reviewing a product that you're selling for well over the soon-to-be (assumed) retail price.

biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this is what got tstarn06 banned?

That's pretty crappy.

Seems like Hurryup should've gotten the ban.

Agreed, will they let tstarn06 back or is it permanent. seemed like a cool person and very informative.

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup there does not seem to be a standard and fair level of moderating and administration on this forum. Users asking legitimate questions via PM and doing the right thing pointing out obvious violations to moderators get banned, while a blind eye is given to individuals who are deliberately and defiantly breaking head-fi rules and casting doubt on reviews done here by honest ethical folk.

I think it's safe to say that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to who gets banned and why. But thanks for weighing in on the job the volunteer mod staff does. Always nice to be noticed and appreciated.

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's safe to say that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to who gets banned and why. But thanks for weighing in on the job the volunteer mod staff does. Always nice to be noticed and appreciated.

+1

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #35 of 42
Well excuse me for chiming into something that aint none of my business, but even though i dont know the full story behind tstarn's ban, if he indeed has been banned because of his posts in this very thread, it definitely appears totally unfair and uncalled for since logically pretty much everybody else participating to this thread and criticizing the OP (dweaver, thebigcw, LingLing1337, scott tarlow, aegid, mitkooo, rawster and more!) should then have been banned as well at the same time. Please note that it also seems to me that the only one that should have been banned here is the OP... But i'm not a mod and i dont know the full story behind this thread.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well excuse me for chiming into something that aint none of my business, but even though i dont know the full story behind tstarn's ban, if he indeed has been banned because of <snip>

You know what they say about making assumptions, right? But you're right a)it's none of your business and bans are not discussed, period, b) you don't know the full story, c) you're excused since you're new here.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #37 of 42
Daouda;

Thanks for you comments, but to set the record straight, I was not suggesting tstarn06 was banned because of his posts in this thread.

N_Maher;

My apologies for letting my frustration come through as much as it did in my post. Having moderated forums myself I know that it's a thankless job.

My frustration is over the apparent blind eye being turned towards a head-fi member who is flipping product (getting sample equipment for free and selling the same equipment for profit is deemed flipping is it not?).

As for tstarn06's situation I realize I don't know the full story and also know you can't and shouldn't discuss it in an open forum. Sorry for letting my frustration get the best of me in this regard.

Oh, by the way, considering how many posts are made on this site daily and the general civility of the site, you and the other Moderators here do a fantastic job, so kudos to you and the rest of team.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My frustration was over the apparent blind eye being turned towards a head-fi member who was obviously flipping product (getting sample equipment for free and selling the same equipment for profit is deemed flipping is it not?).

I think you'll find that situation has been remedied.
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #39 of 42
Wow. I understand a mod's point of view but can't help thinking he should try getting off his high horses a little when adressing respectful users of this forum (you can check my few posts). I'm a grown man and I have a hard time accepting such a patronizing tone from anybody, be it mod, cop, or judge, when i know i've been respectful and tryed my best to express my opinion while still acknowledging my ignorance of the matter at hand. I might be new here but i know tstarn enough to be convinced he is mostly a nice, respectful, and helpful person so i just wanted to express some support towards him, that'S all. If doing this is susceptible of being banned (seems like i'm lucky to "be excused since i'm new here") then there definitely is something wrong going on here, which i would never have suspected since that place seems to be filled with the nicest, most mature people you could find on the internet. Im a little disappointed here... will i even be banned for this?

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Wow. I understand a mod's point of view but can't help thinking he should try getting off his high horses a little when adressing respectful users of this forum (you can check my few posts).

So wait, you were being "respectful" when you made the assumption that whatever action was taken against tsarn06 was

Quote:

totally unfair and uncalled for

???

So you'll excuse me if I have a little less than a full measure of patience for someone who admits to getting involved with something that doesn't concern them and that they admittedly don't have even close to the full details of.

This discussion has drifted far enough off topic, if you want to discuss this further you can send me a PM.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #41 of 42
Frankly I think this thread has gone past useful discussion and should be closed. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back