[REVIEW] Fanny Wangs On Ear Wangs: Aurgasm In Your Ears?
Mar 4, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #46 of 66

Quote:
Again, style is largely subjective.  Many of you largely dislike the look of the Fanny W., there will be those who like or even love its look.  The style is largely(or rip off) based on the look of the Beats line, which are a best seller, and those are what many consider to be great looking headphones.  So the Fanny W. line is not so outlandish, in fact you could criticize them more for not developing their own style instead of essentially copying of the look of the Beats.  Plus Fanny W. is probably not something most audiophiles would seriously consider much like Beats and Bose, they are largely going to be purchased by your average consumer.  I will stress that I am not a Fanny W. adopter, I don't own nor would likely ever purchase one, I just want to point out that just because we wouldn't buy it doesn't mean that the product is bad, just that it has a different focus.  Yes, the name is uh, rather unique but how is that different than Schiit or AiAiAi(how do you even pronounce that)?

I doubt the Beats are "best sellers" for any other reasons than that they are 1. Very well marketed using pop stars etc etc & 2. sold to partially brainwashed muppets who love said pop stars and that also wouldn't know a good set of cans at a good price even if then joined this forum and said "Hey guys are Beats great or what?". They are not 'horrific' cans but they can not in any way be justified for the price.

p.s it is pronounced i.i.i :wink: and they ARE a good set of closed cans, are waaaaaaay better than beats and surprise surprise cheaper!

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #47 of 66
Aiaiai's name for their company may be pure fail (unless its actually cool in a language I don't know) but the name of their flagship headphone is pure win.

It evens out.

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #49 of 66
I cant' believe the name of this! Anyone based in UK will know what I mean....Fanny Wang lmao!! (different part of the anatomy to american's use for the word fanny - and wang, well....) :p

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #51 of 66
I strongly doubt anyone who listens heavily to bands like Tool or Bathory would ever consider buying bright shiny red headphones made by a company named Fanny Wang. Good Lord and I thought Skull Candy was a terrible name for a company sheeshh.

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #52 of 66

Quote:
I cant' believe the name of this! Anyone based in UK will know what I mean....Fanny Wang lmao!! (different part of the anatomy to american's use for the word fanny - and wang, well....) :p

Yeah...well their sound matches...I think.

Quote:
I strongly doubt anyone who listens heavily to bands like Tool or Bathory would ever consider buying bright shiny red headphones made by a company named Fanny Wang. Good Lord and I thought Skull Candy was a terrible name for a company sheeshh.

They come in black too, but I get what you mean.

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #54 of 66

Explaining the headphone to people is gonna be bad enough while will cause a couple of laughter from those with dirty minds with the name Fanny wang.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #55 of 66

Quote:
are these worst than beats, boss, vmoda, p5?

I like them more than the former two. Never heard the Crossfades and only a few minutes with the P5

Mar 19, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #57 of 66
The joints are reinforced with metal, and I tried bending the headband and it's surprisingly pliable. It just looks cheap because of the gloss.

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #58 of 66
Personally, I don't find on-ear headphones in general to be too useful. Some people may think it's a happy medium between bulky over ear headphones vs compact IEM's, but the truth is that on-ears do not offer the portability or performance of either, and are often uncomfortable for long periods of time. Anyways, great review, enjoyed reading it. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #60 of 66

Quote:
I just cant believe my luck this morning when I was announced in their Facebook page to win a free 1001 On-Ear! :D

Scweet! Enjoy them! Care to be a guinea pig and try some mods I wanted to do on them? Tim doesn't want to answer my emails anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back