[REVIEW] Fanny Wangs On Ear Wangs: Aurgasm In Your Ears?
Mar 3, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #31 of 66
Nice review, so apparently these cans aren't worth the 180 price tag. Well expected since they are all about style and marketing but those headphones look horrible. I would rather go for beats anytime, anyday just because it looks tonnes better. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #32 of 66
How are they expecting to beat monster if they cost the same?

OMG! Look under

Head-Fi Sponsors

Fannie wang! they're a Sponsor!

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #33 of 66

I would be steered towards the shure's. Bare in mind that delivery cost for the FW is $40 then you may get stung with import tax? I worked it out at around $150-$165 so around £100 in real terms, the shures now sound much better to me personally.
Quote:
Actually I don't mind the look of the Shures, I have quite a big head too though and I'm 6ft so it'll probably work with me. The only problem is the rest of my body is quite slim haha. I'm tempted to buy both of them though and then sell the ones I don't like as much back out, not totally sure yet though.

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #36 of 66
Who in his/her right mind would wear something looking like these? I know you can't argue about taste, but man... You can definitely argue about common sense. No SQ in the world is going to save this design. They look like a toy. An ugly one. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #37 of 66

Quote:
Who in his/her right mind would wear something looking like these? I know you can't argue about taste, but man... You can definitely argue about common sense. No SQ in the world is going to save this design. They look like a toy. An ugly one. 

It looks a bit less toy-like in person, but matte really could have made them look a bit better, and less use of their "iconic design" on them.

Mar 3, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #38 of 66
Wow the ugliest phone!! Sheesh i can see the appeal to a female.. maybe if they wanted to get punched in the face.. But What! The name i cant stop thinking its some sort of joke.

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #39 of 66
Guys remember that asthetics are a very subjective thing.  While there are styles that certainly look unique, I'm sure you'll agree from our stand point here that it's the sound that matters most.

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #40 of 66
Yes i know that sound matters most.. But to a certain degree you need to be taken seriously. This brand cant be taken seriously.. The name, basically taking the Beats and renaming them! Oh and the sound... Sounds like mud..??

Sorry dude but sound isnt the subject here.. More like taking the p*ss and having a laugh.

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #41 of 66
Again, style is largely subjective.  Many of you largely dislike the look of the Fanny W., there will be those who like or even love its look.  The style is largely(or rip off) based on the look of the Beats line, which are a best seller, and those are what many consider to be great looking headphones.  So the Fanny W. line is not so outlandish, in fact you could criticize them more for not developing their own style instead of essentially copying of the look of the Beats.  Plus Fanny W. is probably not something most audiophiles would seriously consider much like Beats and Bose, they are largely going to be purchased by your average consumer.  I will stress that I am not a Fanny W. adopter, I don't own nor would likely ever purchase one, I just want to point out that just because we wouldn't buy it doesn't mean that the product is bad, just that it has a different focus.  Yes, the name is uh, rather unique but how is that different than Schiit or AiAiAi(how do you even pronounce that)?

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #42 of 66
I feel like continuing to Troll you, but i will just shake my head in dismay. :)

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #43 of 66
Sorry about that, didin't mean to get arguementative there.
redface.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #44 of 66
Wow these headphones look ugly. The name is definitely catchy but I don't think that is enough to get them some sales. Wonder how they came up with that name. They were probably targeting it towards both sexes 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #45 of 66
Must...resist...the urge to insert joke....*phew*  Yeah there's lot's of places you could go with that name.  Kinda makes you wonder if that was a factor in deciding the name of the line.  It is certainly unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back