[REVIEW] Edited Shure SE215 IEM REVIEW
Feb 15, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #61 of 61
I read this review and many others before buying a pair of SE215's for myself. I would like to add my 2cents, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THESE TO ANYONE.
The sound quality is not great for the price, a combination of bass that seems to muddle into everything else and complete lack of mid range makes for very average listening. The treble seems ok, perhaps slightly lacking in the very highs. I am constantly trying to fiddle with EQ settings because I will listen to a song I heard before and feel bits missing.
I should have paid more attention to the small sticker placed on the front of the retail packaging "FOR STAGE USE". Yes maybe these make sense for stage use where you might want good isolation with plenty of bass, but for home or office (already quiet) environments they make no sense at all. I only have 3 sets of earphones, but my old Soundmagic PL50's provide a much cleaner sound and comfort at a fraction of the price (and still reasonable isolation too!), thankfully one plus to come out of this purchase is the Shure tips fit onto the PL50's.
Comfort wise, I find these uncomfortable, the wire guides do not bend back enough to sit atop my ears nicely and the angle of the earphones mean the rear of the casing pushes into the back of my ear (antihelix) causing them to hurt after about 20-30mins use.
Anyhow, I just wanted to add my opinion of these headphones as they seem to get nothing but good reviews and I really regret this purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back