[REVIEW] Edited Shure SE215 IEM REVIEW
May 15, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #31 of 61

Quote:

Hi transcendent12,

This is the main reason why I am thinking to sell them after a replacement (defective left earpiece) with a new pair. More than the recessed trebles. After a while I am used to the trebles, and I think I can pass on them. But I find these SE215 unable to resolve the congested music that I listen. I started to enjoy them because they are very detailed and full of dynamics with low congested tracks. And the bass started to sound to me more equilibrate with the time. But I cannot forget how they congested my metal/rock music.

Thats a shame to hear Narwayo. I find Shure products extremely durable and its a surprise to hear how the SE215's broke already within months of its release. Yes i agree how the SE215's don't shine with metal and rock. The treble for sure is lacking which makes me listen to other genres with the SE215

May 15, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #32 of 61

Quote:
Thats a shame to hear Narwayo. I find Shure products extremely durable and its a surprise to hear how the SE215's broke already within months of its release. Yes i agree how the SE215's don't shine with metal and rock. The treble for sure is lacking which makes me listen to other genres with the SE215

Thank you planx. Yes that's a shame, because although they don't shine with metal and rock, lacking in resolving, I was thinking to use them anyhow for everyday use and outdoor, because I found them really tough. But after the left earpiece broke, and after reading on anther tread here  "http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542003/new-shure-se215-first-impressions" that a lot of people are having the same problem, I have some doubts. I received a replacement with new ones, but I haven't yet open the box, taking some time to decide whether or not to sell...

May 15, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #33 of 61

Quote:
Thank you planx. Yes that's a shame, because although they don't shine with metal and rock, lacking in resolving, I was thinking to use them anyhow for everyday use and outdoor, because I found them really tough. But after the left earpiece broke, and after reading on anther tread here  "http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542003/new-shure-se215-first-impressions" that a lot of people are having the same problem, I have some doubts. I received a replacement with new ones, but I haven't yet open the box, taking some time to decide whether or not to sell...

oooh.. Hopefully i won't have the same problems as others... i really don't wanna sent my SE215's for warranty xD

May 16, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #34 of 61
Hey Narwayo, Shure agreed on reimbursement. I told them that they failed while i was down in the states and only got back home 2 days after warranty period ended. It's good to see that they have good customer service, but I think I will be getting gr07's instead of a replacement to my shures.

Not trying to convince you on anything, but if you want your money back it's possible. I sure will miss the isolation these gave me though, gonna have to crank up the volume when in the subway :/

Quote:

Quote:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #35 of 61

Quote:
Hey Narwayo, Shure agreed on reimbursement. I told them that they failed while i was down in the states and only got back home 2 days after warranty period ended. It's good to see that they have good customer service, but I think I will be getting gr07's instead of a replacement to my shures.

Not trying to convince you on anything, but if you want your money back it's possible. I sure will miss the isolation these gave me though, gonna have to crank up the volume when in the subway :/

I am glad for you dieblanc343, I would have preferred if they had reimbursed me. Sincerely I didn't think it was possible. 
I bought them in UK, in a store. After a month they broke, and at the store they told me that if this had happened within 15 days from when I bought them, I would have been able to ask the store a reimbursement or a replacement. After 15 days they told me that I was able to contact Shure UK for asking a replacement, due to the 2 years warranty. So I did, and now I have the new SE215. I didn't opened them, the box is still sealed. But really I would like to have a reimbursement if it could be possible. 

May 17, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #36 of 61

Quote:

Be sure to compare the SE215's to the gr07!

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #38 of 61

Quote:
vaguely reminiscent review structure

Are you proposing that i "copied" one of your reviews mark? because after seeing your post today, i searched up your profile and looked at some of your reviews today and today only.. I like how you used the word "vaguely" to make it look like you're not trying to offend me, but it's not working because i don't like being criticized of my work. If you weren't directing the message towards my review compared to your reviews, i apologize for getting rowdy about it, but if you were linking my "reminiscent" reviews towards your reviews i have a reason to be offended and rowdy. Just a FYI

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #39 of 61
And i noticed your PUBLIC twitter profile mark.. does this ring a bell? "OMG ive just spotted someone totally plagiarising my review structure, tbh slightly flattered". Plagiarising? i'm sorry, if you're here to ASSUME that i copied YOUR review structure, just go else where man. It's my first time seeing you on head-fi and i swear i didn't "copy" your structure..........

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #42 of 61
well id hardly use the term accuse but since you have taken it upon yourself to be hostile about it then by all means.  im not proposing i own a structure but the structure is remarkably similar.  have a read of some of mine and tell me it isnt.

seriously calm down and stop getting all hostile, if you didnt where would have been the harm in just sayin "oh god yeah they are really similar arent they, never noticed that befor now, great mind, eh" or something to that effect. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #43 of 61
well ya i admit i got annoyed by your comment.. Who wouldn't mark? it's obviously my first review on Head-Fi and i put a lot of hard work into it. Yea, if i was more experienced i would have taken the situation a different way, but i couldn't really help it when someone says i have a "vaguely reminiscent review structure" and i see you posted something very similar on your Twitter account. so my apologies Mark and lets hope something like this doesn't happen again. Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #45 of 61

Quote:
I'm definitely buying these but few questions, how are they for excercise? any distortion at higher volumes because they are dynamic so I'm assuming they will have some. How easily are the detatchable cable detatchable? 

Excellent for excercise. Especially hooked up with the Fiio E5, good companions. I noticed some distortion but it wasn't enough to bother me. The cables are a bit difficult. You have to "snap" it off sort of

Users who are viewing this thread

Back