[Review] Dual dynamic driver: Radius HP-TWF11R inner earphone - pleasure pleasure little treasure
May 1, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #31 of 215
^^ speed and detail: I'd not worry at all about it. They are fast and detailed. Spacious and nearly perfect.

As for charts, I am starting to really really dislike them. These have a very full low end, but nothing overwhelming. The FX500 measure pretty flat but are much much more overwhelming sounding in the low end.

The CK10 measure similarly to the FX500 and they sound nothing alike.

Like I said: I am 100% surprised in the performance offered by the TWF11R - completely. Had I not been asked to review them, I'd have passed them up... until I found out they had two drivers. I thought it a gimmick, and the 15mm scared me in some ways, but it is such a good combination.

As per detail: I think the word detail seems to substitute 'treble' energy. These have so much more bass and mids detail than almost any other earphone I have enjoyed - bass perhaps unmatched and mids are just full, so describable that I'd not say a ba earphone can touch them.

That said, the highs have a slight suckout probably around where female vocals get in. Whether it is FR or something else, I have no idea. By slight, I mean slight. In no way does this earphone compare unfavourably to any other earphone - at any price. It may not have as nice treble as some, or if you prefer a different bass - that is fine, but for its price (and nearly for any price), this earphone is unstoppable.

If you've read a lot of my reviews, you will probably know that I don't like to say things like that simple because of preferences, but... I think the sound warrants it. Of course preferences must be taken into account, but knowing headfi's 好き嫌い, I am confident that this earphone will trump the dynamic market and for most non-prejudice people, maybe take the ba market. It just sucks otherwise.

May 1, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #32 of 215
Perhaps if someone had a few hundred dollars to blow someone could try putting these in a different shell.

May 1, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #34 of 215
Well yes, but hopefully someone with a lot of time to get it right and lots of different shells to try and way too much money to know what to do with. In other words, I know it's not going to happen :p

May 1, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #35 of 215
I'd rather they not go into a different shell. If they were in the IE8 shell, they'd be boomy plastic messes. Whatever plastic they chose (or perhaps like Final Audio's 1350, the shell is lined with metal), there is nothing nasty going on like there is with the IE8 and Atrio M5.

May 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #36 of 215
I agree w/ your assesment of charts Shig. There is definitely more to sound than a freq. curve. I just posted one since I hadn't seen one anywhere.

As for the shell, it doesn't seem that the disc portion is the problem but the extension where the cable is attached. I can't imagine had they more contemplation they couldn't have shifted the cable attachment to a less intrusive point. I don't think that gold extension is doing anything for acoustics other than housing connections and related elctronics.

May 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #37 of 215
Why does everyone call me Shig? Firstly, please no capitalisation; secondly, it is shiggy wiggy or you get to sweet lovin', okay?

Yeah, that gold thing should be moved away. But the sound tube should be at a different angle, perhaps aiming downward; it is really really a bad setup. Radius, however, seem to think it is just great.

May 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #38 of 215
Well, I ordered mine and it should be shipped soon. These IEMs interested me (and the FX700) when I first heard about them. I found a company in Hong Kong that sends them to the U.S. $165 shipped. Checked it out and it and kept coming up legit!!. These will definitely be inside IEMS, and I can deal with the bit of a fit issue. I'm more into the sound. But I think shigzeo and the other reviewer said they have small ears, so I might do better with my somewhat big ears. Can't wait! Now I'm really done (well, unless the Etymotic mc5 comes out soon. That's still on my radar). lol

May 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #40 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^link to where you purchased it for that price please.

Here you go @ midoo1990

Music Dynamic Audio & Accessory Station . Buy Audio-Technica , Sony , Victor headphones....

Can't vouch for them 100 percent, so I'm sort of a guinea pig here, but I couldn't find anything negative on them and they are verified with Paypal for what it's worth. I guess if I'm smiling and not crying in a couple of weeks, we'll see. They were prompt, however, in sending me an electronic invoice and other correspondence. I'll say that much.

May 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #42 of 215
How do these compare to JH13 in sound quality?

May 2, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #43 of 215
^^Did I read that correctly? Well the bass goes lower, at least in a tactile dynamic way, but the TWF11R may actually be even more neutral - who knows. Not sure what to say: one is fully closed, the other is open and doesn't seal. Both, however, are at the top of the technology game!

May 2, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #44 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here you go @ midoo1990

Music Dynamic Audio & Accessory Station . Buy Audio-Technica , Sony , Victor headphones....

Can't vouch for them 100 percent, so I'm sort of a guinea pig here, but I couldn't find anything negative on them and they are verified with Paypal for what it's worth. I guess if I'm smiling and not crying in a couple of weeks, we'll see. They were prompt, however, in sending me an electronic invoice and other correspondence. I'll say that much.

OK. that's it.....you can stop blaming me for draining your wallet, The SM3 and DBA-02 are it for me (although I may have my fingers crossed) Fischer Audio fullsize cans may be an option when Bugden Audio gets some in stock.

May 2, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #45 of 215
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK. that's it.....you can stop blaming me for draining your wallet, The SM3 and DBA-02 are it for me (although I may have my fingers crossed) Fischer Audio fullsize cans may be an option when Bugden Audio gets some in stock.

According to Ethan Bugden (he is here at head-fi as ethan961) the DBA-02 will be back in stock during this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back