Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment
Sep 9, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #406 of 416
  OK so I've spoke with Steve at decware.  You do not need to have speakers attached when listening through headphones however adding resistors will help voice the headphones.

I could have told you that. Great gear!

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #408 of 416

I could have told you that. Great gear!

But there seems to be posts saying a speaker load is required when it isn't for the amps health just as long as headphones OR speakers are attached is all that matters.

I generally leave the HP plugged in, but I never had trouble with the Taboo MK III either way.

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #411 of 416
  OK so I've spoke with Steve at decware.  You do not need to have speakers attached when listening through headphones however adding resistors will help voice the headphones.

Any details about suggested resistor so I could try it out?

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #413 of 416
IIRC the topic has been well covered in this thread - use search this thread. If not here, then in the Taboo III thread.

And IIRC low values were recommended - 8 ohms or thereabouts.

Well worth checking out as well are posts from Steve himself.

FWIW, I run my LCD2r1 or LCD3F direct from the speaker taps without any extra load and noticed only improvement compared to using the SE hp jack. If only listening casually I leave the speakers connected. I do always take care to have either speakers or phones plugged in when the amp is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back