Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Sep 7, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #77 of 694
  Anyone and everyone else who they feel can review the product better than me. I asked that if I wasn't qualified enough, by all means please choose someone else; I just wanted another review on this product, hoping to include pairings with the K7XX, T90, and HD600/650.

Again, your assumptions regarding your last posts are completely unfounded and baseless.  

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #78 of 694
  For desktop use, 3 DAC's that come to mine are the Schiit Modi ($80, clearance and old stock), Schiit Modi 2 ($99), and Objective2 DAC (DIY should cost you around $100 as well). Desktop usually sound better than portable as a rule of thumb, so look around! I saw someone selling the original Modi/Magni stack for $140 on the classifieds here just a day or two ago, and another selling the Modi for $75 by itself, so you can usually squeeze a little more value for the price 
biggrin.gif

curious about the modi/modi 2 vs the centrance. The modi/modi 2 uses a inferior version of the AKM used in the centrance and cheaper USB recievers as well. I was edging towards getting the modi but for some reason changed my mind into getting the centrance. 

the modi is on amazon for 80 dollars ! i wanted to get it to pair with my vali but ended up joining the drop. All the complications aside, this device does seem promising. I wont have a modi to compare it against but i really hope this is better. Atleast in theory it is.

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #80 of 694

curious about the modi/modi 2 vs the centrance. The modi/modi 2 uses a inferior version of the AKM used in the centrance and cheaper USB recievers as well. I was edging towards getting the modi but for some reason changed my mind into getting the centrance. 

the modi is on amazon for 80 dollars ! i wanted to get it to pair with my vali but ended up joining the drop. All the complications aside, this device does seem promising. I wont have a modi to compare it against but i really hope this is better. Atleast in theory it is.

All I can say is the DACport Slim sounds great, especially for its size and price point. 
normal_smile .gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #82 of 694
  I'd like to note that I only asked for a loaner unit, and after they declined, asked for someone else more qualified than me to review this product. Assumptions, eh? 
wink.gif

Here's what you wrote: "It better. If it doesn't, I have half a mind to write them a review that will rip up their hype for years."

Making a threat like that (which you're obviously incapable of fulfilling) sure sounds like a big ole case of sour grapes to me. Here's a suggestion: Have some patience and chill out. The world does not revolve around you, so don't get upset when a review doesn't magically appear when you request one. It's a new product and I'm not even sure that it is shipping yet, so of course there aren't any reviews other than Moedawg's. That is all.

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #83 of 694
   Size and price aside, How does it sound as a piece of audio gear ?

Pretty darn good since it powers my HE1000 and very sensitive IEMs well.  It doesn't add much coloration to the presentation (slight bass tilt), but thoroughly engaging, nonetheless.

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #84 of 694

Again, your assumptions regarding your last posts are completely unfounded and baseless.  

I am not going back to the original posts 
mad.gif
 Doublea is the one who made the assumption. And if I did, I'm sorry.

Here's what you wrote: "It better. If it doesn't, I have half a mind to write them a review that will rip up their hype for years."

Making a threat like that (which you're obviously incapable of fulfilling) sure sounds like a big ole case of sour grapes to me. Here's a suggestion: Have some patience and chill out. The world does not revolve around you, so don't get upset when a review doesn't magically appear when you request one. It's a new product and I'm not even sure that it is shipping yet, so of course there aren't any reviews other than Moedawg's. That is all.

@doublea71 Basically, my attitude sucks. I get that, and I appreciate you trying to limit head-fi to only positive feedback. I'll lay back for now, and see how it sounds when it comes. Considering Moedawg is happy with it, chances are it will sound very, very good. If you bought one, they already have the products assembled and ready to go, just waiting for the covers. I was just angry that they insisted 400 buyers trust them on a new product, instead of giving at least one or two loaners; this is Massdrop, not indiegogo :) It is what it is though, and there is no "rule" about this, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. This whole conversation will be null'ed if they turn out to be good anyway 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #85 of 694
  I am not going back to the original posts 
mad.gif
 Doublea is the one who made the assumption. And if I did, I'm sorry.

@doublea71 Basically, my attitude sucks. I get that, and I appreciate you trying to limit head-fi to only positive feedback. I'll lay back for now, and see how it sounds when it comes. Considering Moedawg is happy with it, chances are it will sound very, very good. If you bought one, they already have the products assembled and ready to go, just waiting for the covers. I was just angry that they insisted 400 buyers trust them on a new product, instead of giving at least one or two loaners; this is Massdrop, not indiegogo :) It is what it is though, and there is no "rule" about this, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. This whole conversation will be null'ed if they turn out to be good 
biggrin.gif

I'm not currently talking about original posts, I'm talking about this one:

I'd like to note that I only asked for a loaner unit, and after they declined, asked for someone else more qualified than me to review this product. Assumptions, eh? 
wink.gif

Completely and utterly wrong, unfounded, unsubstantiated and baseless.  

Regarding your quote "This whole conversation will be null'ed if they turn out to be good", the product is good - even great.  It doesn't mean that you or anyone else may love it.  For the price, miniscule size-factor and ease of use, it's a great product no matter what.

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #86 of 694

My wallet won't ever be the same, but an immense auditory experience is priceless! 

So true. In my case, I have been happily stuck with SinglePower MPX3/AKG K501 combo for the past 10 years. 
So it's the source and portables that, hm, hurts my wallet :)

(and it might be just me but while a CD player can last 10+ years, my Mac does not....)

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #88 of 694
Still waiting for my centrance but guys, honest reviews ? And what is with all the driver issues

I am not certain what your post means, my apologies.  Please elaborate. 

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #90 of 694
I just received this and was wondering what type of micro usb cable you used with Samsung Galaxy S5? I tried using it on a Nexus 6 with the USB otg cable and it doesn't pick it up.

Welcome to Head-Fi, mkhan0104!

I did not use it with the Samsung Galaxy S5.  Try other cables if you can, such as a USB charge and sync cable and whatever adapter you may need, and if it doesn't pick up, then it probably doesn't work with your Nexus 6.  The DACport Slim is listed to be used with computers (PC/OSX/Linux), but has been found to work with some high-powered Android devices and the S5 via micro USB to micro USB cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back