Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Sep 25, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #91 of 694
On the Dacport HD side of things, all units have shipped per Michael Goodman, so initial impressions should be coming in hot and heavy next week.

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #92 of 694

Welcome to Head-Fi, mkhan0104!

I did not use it with the Samsung Galaxy S5.  Try other cables if you can, such as a USB charge and sync cable and whatever adapter you may need, and if it doesn't pick up, then it probably doesn't work with your Nexus 6.  The DACport Slim is listed to be used with computers (PC/OSX/Linux), but has been found to work with some high-powered Android devices and the S5 via micro USB to micro USB cable. 

Thanks for the quick response, I will try it with a few other cables and maybe look into getting a mirco usb to micro usb cable.

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #93 of 694
  On the Dacport HD side of things, all units have shipped per Michael Goodman, so initial impressions should be coming in hot and heavy next week.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the quick response, I will try it with a few other cables and maybe look into getting a mirco usb to micro usb cable.

No worries at all.  Good luck!

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #94 of 694
Doesn't seem to be working on the Nexus 6 
frown.gif
 but it works on a the Nexus 7 tablet so I guess the Nexus 6 doesn't have juice to support it.

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #95 of 694
  Doesn't seem to be working on the Nexus 6 
frown.gif
 but it works on a the Nexus 7 tablet so I guess the Nexus 6 doesn't have juice to support it.

It may not.  Glad you got it working on the Nexus 7 tablet, though.

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #97 of 694
just asking for impressions. And also a lot of people are complaining about driver issues on massdrops discussion, asking about that as well !

You specifically said "honest reviews", not "impressions". Again, I am not sure what you are trying to implicate. With regards to impressions of the DACport Slim, keep looking out on the Internet for them, they are bound to show up.

With regards to driver issues, that's something CEntrance looks like they are addressing and users with issues should contact them. I personally didn't run into any driver issues, but I did troubleshoot that the USB 2.0 ports would pick up and my USB 3.0 ports wouldn't. This may not be the case at all for other users though, since my hardware setup (mainboard, case, USB 3.0 card ports) and software setup (Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10 with various installed applications and settings) is different from everyone else's, so YMMV.

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #98 of 694
You specifically said "honest reviews", not "impressions". Again, I am not sure what you are trying to implicate. With regards to impressions of the DACport Slim, keep looking out on the Internet for them, they are bound to show up.

With regards to driver issues, that's something CEntrance looks like they are addressing and users with issues should contact them. I personally didn't run into any driver issues, but I did troubleshoot that the USB 2.0 ports would pick up and my USB 3.0 ports wouldn't. This may not be the case at all for other users though, since my hardware setup (mainboard, case, USB 3.0 card ports) and software setup (Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10 with various installed applications and settings) is different from everyone else's, so YMMV.

i think "honest reviews" is a common term used quite often.I joined in on the drop from your review, i don't know why you have the idea(if you do) that i'm being offensive or doubt your opinion. i know you did not run into any issues but a lot of other people did. I am waiting to receive my product and with all the driver issues just wondering if this was a good decision. I have all USB 3.0 ports as well and the issues aren't exactly clear. I'm just looking for input from more people that's it.

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #99 of 694
My DACport slim works with Sony Z ultra (android) only with additional battery connected to a y-cable. I believe is power issue. I too have problems having slim recognized on laptops (window 7 and 10)

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #100 of 694
  My DACport slim works with Sony Z ultra (android) only with additional battery connected to a y-cable. I believe is power issue. I too have problems having slim recognized on laptops (window 7 and 10)

Yeah i figured that. Going get some Y-cables.

Also I didn't have any driver issues on windows 10 on my macbook pro retina (bootcamp) connected using USB 3.0 port.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #101 of 694
i think "honest reviews" is a common term used quite often.I joined in on the drop from your review, i don't know why you have the idea(if you do) that i'm being offensive or doubt your opinion. i know you did not run into any issues but a lot of other people did. I am waiting to receive my product and with all the driver issues just wondering if this was a good decision. I have all USB 3.0 ports as well and the issues aren't exactly clear. I'm just looking for input from more people that's it.

I can not tell via text and a few unexplained words what your implications are, as your original post did not look at all positive or neutral in my eyes. Thank you for clarifying your original post.

I am not sure that you knew that I didn't have issues without being here to see me with my DACport Slim, or the whole process that I went through regarding the DACport Slim. As for wanting input from more people, keep checking on the Internet and you are bound to find some impressions and possibly reviews in time.

Cheers

Yeah i figured that. Going get some Y-cables.

Also I didn't have any driver issues on windows 10 on my macbook pro retina (bootcamp) connected using USB 3.0 port.

Nice. I didn't run into issues as well with my Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10.

Sep 26, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #102 of 694
I can not tell via text and a few unexplained words what your implications are, as your original post did not look at all positive or neutral in my eyes. Thank you for clarifying your original post.

I am not sure that you knew that I didn't have issues without being here to see me with my DACport Slim, or the whole process that I went through regarding the DACport Slim. As for wanting input from more people, keep checking on the Internet and you are bound to find some impressions and possibly reviews in time.

Cheers
Nice. I didn't run into issues as well with my Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10.
at best my guess would be that you would have mentioned the issues if you did run into them as a reviewer. Yes, looking for the issues on the internet. What is the best source on the internet for audiophile products? I'm guessing here.

Sep 26, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #103 of 694
at best my guess would be that you would have mentioned the issues if you did run into them as a reviewer. Yes, looking for the issues on the internet. What is the best source on the internet for audiophile products? I'm guessing here.

I can assure you at least in my experience not 100 percent of everything is disclosed in a review for a multitude of reasons. As for a "best source on the internet...", there is no "best", as that can be debated until the end of time. A great bet would be to use a search website such as Google, Yahoo, etcetera, that can quickly locate impressions and/or reviews of various products from most any website on the planet.

Cheers

Sep 26, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #104 of 694
Mine just arrived. 

I know the Dacport slim (mass drop) shipped without a usb but I had several mini usb and to my disappointment, my Mac/itunes and Amara also does not recognize the Dacport slim in my system. I tried systems preference and it does not show. Is it a special mini usb? Or is there a firmware I need to download?

thanks

Sep 26, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #105 of 694
I can assure you at least in my experience not 100 percent of everything is disclosed in a review for a multitude of reasons. As for a "best source on the internet...", there is no "best", as that can be debated until the end of time. A great bet would be to use a search website such as Google, Yahoo, etcetera, that can quickly locate impressions and/or reviews of various products from most any website on the planet.

Cheers
so nothing helpful about the dacport but a lot of comments about my words used ? Gee thank you.

I really was hoping reaponses from other users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back