Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Sep 6, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #61 of 694
I never said otherwise.

You said "I didn't expect people to listen and be quiet. After all, this is head-fi", so at least in this specific case, your expectations are not valid.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #62 of 694
You said "I didn't expect people to listen and be quiet. After all, this is head-fi", so at least in this specific case, your expectations are not valid.

I beg to differ. Most of the time, head-fi'ers post impressions they had of new products. While we both agree that they don't have to, most of the time, at least in my experience, they do anyway, to help out the community.

Thus, if they are usually so kind, it's not a far stretch to expect people to want to help out the community in this case as well.

If they don't, that's fine. Again, I was just explaining where my assumption came from.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #63 of 694
I beg to differ. Most of the time, head-fi'ers post impressions they had of new products. While we both agree that they don't have to, most of the time, at least in my experience, they do anyway, to help out the community.

Thus, if they are usually so kind, it's not a far stretch to expect people to want to help out the community in this case as well.

In this case, your expectations are not valid.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #66 of 694
My expectations turned out not to be true in this case. That's not the same as saying they are not valid expectations.

Your expectations are not valid since nothing that you have stated at least regarding your assumptions and expectations has come to fruition, yet.

Thanks for the great review and wonder how long it will take for MassDrop to reach required requests !?
(was 57 of 200 a moment ago)

Thanks, appreciate the kind words.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #67 of 694
Expectations are theoretical, and don't need hard data to be valid - just reasonable assumptions. If you would like to argue this further, please pm me. I don't feel comfortable cluttering up the thread with this kind of wordplay debate.

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #69 of 694
  Expectations are theoretical, and don't need hard data to be valid - just reasonable assumptions. If you would like to argue this further, please pm me. I don't feel comfortable cluttering up the thread with this kind of wordplay debate.

Whatever the word choices, theoretical expectations, reasonable assumptions, etc., the fact is that your original qualms with CEntrance, impatiently requesting for more reviews, assuming that only two people heard the DACport Slim, "expected for there to be bad reviews" if it "bites them in the back" and threatening to "write a review that will rip up their hype for years", are completely unfounded, and juvenile at best.  I would appreciate it if you do not post on the review thread if you only want to post unfounded, unsupported, unverified, unsubstantiated and to some (at least to me) demeaning posts.  Thank you in advance.

well, review like yours is the main reason I follow head-fi. And why my wallet hates head-fi :)

My wallet won't ever be the same, but an immense auditory experience is priceless! 

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #70 of 694

Whatever the word choices, theoretical expectations, reasonable assumptions, etc., the fact is that your original qualms with CEntrance, impatiently requesting for more reviews, assuming that only two people heard the DACport Slim, "expected for there to be bad reviews" if it "bites them in the back" and threatening to "write a review that will rip up their hype for years", are completely unfounded, and juvenile at best.  I would appreciate it if you do not post on the review thread if you only want to post unfounded, unsupported, unverified, unsubstantiated and to some (at least to me) demeaning posts.  Thank you in advance.

My wallet won't ever be the same, but an immense auditory experience is priceless! 

I think this is a case of sour grapes because they wouldn't acquiesce to a request for a review unit. In light of his response, they most definitely made the right decision. 

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #72 of 694
Thanks for the review.
Do you think there is a better dac (without an amp, just dac) for desktop use for this price?

Thanks for the comment.

No sure, since I haven't listened to a DAC-only product at this price (~ $100).  I will say that I am a portable person, not wanting to carry around additional DAC/amps, so if I can have one device that performs well in both DAC and amp departments and is as slim as can be, then all the more reason to stick with an all-in-one-very-small device.  My apologies that I couldn't be of additional assistance.

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #73 of 694

I think this is a case of sour grapes because they wouldn't acquiesce to a request for a review unit. In light of his response, they most definitely made the right decision. 

I'd like to note that I only asked for a loaner unit, and after they declined, asked for someone else more qualified than me to review this product. Assumptions, eh? 
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #74 of 694
  I'd like to note that I only asked for a loaner unit, and after they declined, asked for someone else more qualified than me to review this product. Assumptions, eh? 
wink.gif

Who is this "someone else"?

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #75 of 694
Thanks for the review.
Do you think there is a better dac (without an amp, just dac) for desktop use for this price?

For desktop use, 3 DAC's that come to mind are the Schiit Modi ($80, clearance and old stock), Schiit Modi 2 ($99), and Objective2 DAC (DIY should cost you around $100 as well). Desktop usually sound better than portable as a rule of thumb, so look around! I saw someone selling the original Modi/Magni stack for $140 on the classifieds here just a day or two ago, and another selling the Modi for $75 by itself, so you can usually squeeze a little more value for the price 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back