Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Sep 26, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #106 of 694
Mine just arrived. 

I know the Dacport slim (mass drop) shipped without a usb but I had several mini usb and to my disappointment, my Mac/itunes and Amara also does not recognize the Dacport slim in my system. I tried systems preference and it does not show. Is it a special mini usb? Or is there a firmware I need to download?

[COLOR=2B2E2F]thanks[/COLOR]

im just plain worried about mine now. All these reports of it not workinf with systmes gaah. I really hope its resolved by the time it does arrive. Centrance has been really helpful abd reaponsive through massdrop at adressing these issues ! Maybe it will all be resolved soon !

Sep 26, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #107 of 694
so nothing helpful about the dacport but a lot of comments about my words used ? Gee thank you.

I really was hoping reaponses from other users.

If I need clarification regarding your or any other's comments I will ask.

Take care.

im just plain worried about mine now. All these reports of it not workinf with systmes gaah. I really hope its resolved by the time it does arrive. Centrance has been really helpful abd reaponsive through massdrop at adressing these issues ! Maybe it will all be resolved soon !

Glad that CEntrance is taking care of responding to customers and helping them out with their specific issues and/or needs.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #108 of 694
Got mine yesterday. Just loaded windows drivers and heard my first tune on it. Using my MSR7. Sounds absolutely superb. This has to be the best bang for dollar dac out on the market.

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #110 of 694
Got mine yesterday. Just loaded windows drivers and heard my first tune on it. Using my MSR7. Sounds absolutely superb. This has to be the best bang for dollar dac out on the market.

Thanks for your input, and I agree with your thoughts.

Sep 26, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #111 of 694
  Did yours include the usb cable?

I don't think anyone got a USB cable. I know Massdrop sent me one though. Everyone will get a separate usb cable in the mail. Or they should.

Thanks for your input, and I agree with your thoughts.

Thanks to you for the initial report on these. I wasn't really looking for a dac but this caught my attention.

Had a good feeling about these. So far so good got them playing music all day.. I can't possibly see how anyone can do one better than this for the price. My Encore M dac and Nuforce U Dac 3. Really don't come close to how these sound.

I would say this is more in line of my Meridian Explorer level.. That dac was $300 when I bought it. 

Sep 26, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #112 of 694
The Dacport Slim instructions/manual says any micro usb (ones used for Android phones) will work.  I've tried with no avail. My Macbook pro and iMac both will not recognize the Dacport.  Massdrop does not take returns so I guess I'll have to deal with CEntrance directly. 

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #113 of 694
That sucks. You try some different cables? I would also try it on a PC if you have one. .

@ moedawg140  Have you noticed any changes in sonics after using it for a while?  I am a firm believer in all things need a good run before they sound straight.

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #114 of 694
I don't think anyone got a USB cable. I know Massdrop sent me one though. Everyone will get a separate usb cable in the mail. Or they should.

Thanks to you for the initial report on these. I wasn't really looking for a dac but this caught my attention.

Had a good feeling about these. So far so good got them playing music all day.. I can't possibly see how anyone can do one better than this for the price. My Encore M dac and Nuforce U Dac 3. Really don't come close to how these sound.

I would say this is more in line of my Meridian Explorer level.. That dac was $300 when I bought it. 

Happy to share what I can. I didn't know this thread would be so (for lack of better words) lively! Regardless of the haters, the seemingly entitled and the negativity, but also the supporters, the DACport Slim is a fantastic device, especially for the price it commands.

The Dacport Slim instructions/manual says any micro usb (ones used for Android phones) will work.  I've tried with no avail. My Macbook pro and iMac both will not recognize the Dacport.  Massdrop does not take returns so I guess I'll have to deal with CEntrance directly. 

Possibly listing what OS version and specific Mac model is used may help with finding out more of a consensus with regards to overall compatibility with the DACport Slim. Without an Apple computer at my vicinity to test, I would just suggest making sure you are using a charge and sync cable, as some cables are only charge only and there is no real way to differentiate between the two unless the product(s) state(s) it is a charge and sync cable and testing it out to make sure that it can also charge and sync as well. Try to upgrade to OSX and then install the DACport Slim if your Apple computers are not updated to OSX. Also, as dsnuts mentioned, try the DACport Slim on a PC using the latest drivers. I have confirmed it to work with Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

That sucks. You try some different cables? I would also try it on a PC if you have one. .

@ moedawg140  Have you noticed any changes in sonics after using it for a while?  I am a firm believer in all things need a good run before they sound straight.

I am not sure with regards to noticing changes regarding run/burn in, mainly because while I was using the DACport Slim, I was concurrently burning in new headphones and IEMs. The DACport Slim is versatile, pretty darn powerful compared to the already powerful Questyle QP1R and other DAPs/DAC/amps and is smooth and controlled in its sonic presentation. It also negates my want and need for much higher priced DAC/amps in the market today.

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #115 of 694
 The manual also says any Android phone cable should work. Since these cables both charge and transfer data.
I have tried on both Macbook Pro. which uses the latest El Capitan OS X operating system and iMac which is still on Mountain Lion. So it's not the operating system nor cable far as I can understand. 

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #116 of 694
 The manual also says any Android phone cable should work. Since these cables both charge and transfer data.
I have tried on both Macbook Pro. which uses the latest El Capitan OS X operating system and iMac which is still on Mountain Lion. So it's not the operating system nor cable far as I can understand. 

The issue may be the USB ports theirselves. Also, try the DACport Slim with a PC if you can. It may be a driver issue if you still can't get it to function and using a different version if you can may very well rectify the issue. Let us know how everything goes!

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #117 of 694
I tried on my wife's PC/windows with download driver from centrance.  Didn't work. Funny thing is, when I plug it in on Mac and PC, I hear the click sound and the CEntrance will begin to heat up. So it is connected but just no sound. Michael Goodman said he would help once the office opens on Monday.  Hope he has some solutions. 

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #118 of 694
I tried on my wife's PC/windows with download driver from centrance.  Didn't work. Funny thing is, when I plug it in on Mac and PC, I hear the click sound and the CEntrance will begin to heat up. So it is connected but just no sound. Michael Goodman said he would help once the office opens on Monday.  Hope he has some solutions. 

The same thing has happened to me. What OS version is your wife's PC? What version USB ports are being used? Try it on all USB ports. Try that and let me know how that goes.

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #119 of 694

I just tried it on my Macbook Yosemite (haven't upgraded to El Capital yet) and it works fine, but you do need to go into System Preferences > Sound > Output and select CEntrance as an output device. You may need to do the same in Windows in the sounds settings and make sure its outputting the sound to the CEntrance. Also I know this goes without saying but make sure that the volume is turned on the CEntrance itself.

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #120 of 694
  1. moedawg140

LOL.
tongue.gif
 Thanks man. Feel like an idiot. You were so right. I found a third pair of micro usb cable and this time it worked. I guess the other two were charge only like you said. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back