Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo
Sep 27, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #121 of 694
I just tried it on my Macbook Yosemite (haven't upgraded to El Capital yet) and it works fine, but you do need to go into System Preferences > Sound > Output and select CEntrance as an output device. You may need to do the same in Windows in the sounds settings and make sure its outputting the sound to the CEntrance. Also I know this goes without saying but make sure that the volume is turned on the CEntrance itself.

Hopefully your suggestions will work for him! If not, he may need to try another CEntrance driver. Good looking out on the volume suggestion as well. Definitely the system/computer/device volume, application/music playback application volume and the DACport Slim volumes theirselves should all be checked.

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #122 of 694
moedawg140

LOL. :p Thanks man. Feel like an idiot. You were so right. I found a third pair of micro usb caleb and this time it worked. I guess the other two were charge only like you said.

So happy it worked for you! Whew!

Please enjoy and have a great day/night!

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #123 of 694
just dreaming about supper portable device....Z3C/BatCase with dacport HD

saw one battery case for it and its via magnetic charge, via usb no avail cases as of my research...of course this dream is so bRoken  

maYbe Z5C (when battery case comes out will work? also they dropped magnetic with Z5)

maYbe some android soft that tells phone there is enough juice to output or some kinda usb hack/boost

and just simple micro to micro cable with no extra devices cable etc

hope

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #124 of 694
I just got my DACport Slim from Massdrop and I am really impressed. To my hears the sound is very detailed and pleasant and way better than what I was using before. I got this for work to use with my PC360 after the side volume control started to fail. I think I am ready to change them for some better headphones and an external mic. It worked for me on a PC and a Mac without issues. It worked even with the crappy USB power of my PC motherboard while my Schiit Fulla didn't. Too bad I didn't get the HD version since I was kind of skeptic after the Fulla experience and I didn't want to spend the money.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #125 of 694
  I just got my DACport Slim from Massdrop and I am really impressed. To my hears the sound is very detailed and pleasant and way better than what I was using before. I got this for work to use with my PC360 after the side volume control started to fail. I think I am ready to change them for some better headphones and an external mic. It worked for me on a PC and a Mac without issues. It worked even with the crappy USB power of my PC motherboard while my Schiit Fulla didn't. Too bad I didn't get the HD version since I was kind of skeptic after the Fulla experience and I didn't want to spend the money.

Welcome to Head-Fi, morinu, and glad you are impressed with the DACport Slim!  You really can't go wrong with this device, especially for the price. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #126 of 694
I got the Dacport Slim on impulse and was going to sell it off.  But this things is really good. It's both technically competent and very musical.
I had the Geek Out v.1 and while it was technically excellent, it just didn't sound very musical.  
I also had the Dragon Fly version 2, Merdian Explorer, and Schiit Fulla (which was just bad to my ears) and of course had the Dacport (original version long ago which I really enjoyed) but this one is to my ears is the best. It's like the Original Dacport but more fuller with better imaging and detail. 

For $99, you really can't beat it or find anything better.

PS: I have not heard the Geek Out V2, which I hear again is technically great for the price, but I just don't like their house sound (kind of on the dry and sterile side). 

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #127 of 694
  I got the Dacport Slim on impulse and was going to sell it off.  But this things is really good. It's both technically competent and very musical.
I had the Geek Out v.1 and while it was technically excellent, it just didn't sound very musical.  
I also had the Dragon Fly version 2, Merdian Explorer, and Schiit Fulla (which was just bad to my ears) and of course had the Dacport (original version long ago which I really enjoyed) but this one is to my ears is the best. It's like the Original Dacport but more fuller with better imaging and detail. 

For $99, you really can't beat it or find anything better.

PS: I have not heard the Geek Out V2, which I hear again is technically great for the price, but I just don't like their house sound (kind of on the dry and sterile side). 

Thanks for your impressions!  I've listened to a lot of USB DAC/amps and larger desktop-type DAC/amps as well, and for the price, the DACport Slim is a technical wonder on paper (low THD, etc.) but more importantly, just plain sounds great.  I agree it sounds full with exemplary detail as well.  The size, weight and power relative to sound output is still what gets me to this day - smiles ear to ear. 
o2smile.gif

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #128 of 694
BTW, I am able to also use it with iPhone and iPad with Dr. Bott T3Hub (which is a passive hub) hooked to a portable usb power supply.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #130 of 694
  BTW, I am able to also use it with iPhone and iPad with Dr. Bott T3Hub (which is a passive hub) hooked to a portable usb power supply.

Very nice!  Could you please upload pictures of the specific set-up?  Thank you in advance.

Sep 28, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #132 of 694
Sep 28, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #133 of 694
Now i cant wait to recieve mine :frowning2: to people who got it working can you tell me what were your OS and process to get it going ?

Im guessing my impulse buy wasnt a bad decision afterall ^.^

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #134 of 694
IOS 9.1

Lightning apple adaptor
T3 Dr. Bott (passive) USB Hub
Griffin Portable Charger
Male USB to Male USB cable 

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #135 of 694
Beautiful, thanks for the pics and description! This setup may allow a lot of smartphone-type devices and quite possibly even DAPs to run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back