Review: Cavalli Liquid Lightning
Jun 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #196 of 312
Frank Sinatra's "It was a very good year" was more enjoyable though the LF+LCD-3 combo, even if rendered less technically accurate.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #197 of 312
Gents, I've started a new LL thread, mostly to have a thread that doesn't have so much history in its earlier pages. Please feel free to comment here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/614611/cavalli-audio-liquid-lightning

Or not if you'd prefer to stay here.
biggrin.gif

Happy to hear the news mwilson. I hope it keeps improving.
L3000.gif

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #198 of 312
Good idea...probably a newer thread in summit fi  would be warranted as this review was of a pre production model which is quite different from the production model in both looks, finish and circuit design.

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #201 of 312
Quote:
Good idea...probably a newer thread in summit fi  would be warranted as this review was of a pre production model which is quite different from the production model in both looks, finish and circuit design.

Yes I agree, the second pre production model had a much more refined sound-stage than the first.  

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #202 of 312
Quote:

I reserved the second post in the review thread. Once I have the retail amp, as well as the BHSE, I can write up an updated description of the sound characteristics of the LL, along with a comparison between the LL and BHSE.

Quote:
Yes I agree, the second pre production model had a much more refined sound-stage than the first.  

I'm happy that Dr. Cavalli and associates took my feedback constructively and used it to make improvements to the amp prior to commercial release.  I hope to have my own production unit by early next month.

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #203 of 312
I moved some things around and managed to find room for it in my audio rack. Here are some photos (click for larger version). Sorry for the crappy quality.

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #204 of 312
Quote:

That's Neal Feay's work? Guess I'm not surprised.

se

Yes Neal Feay did it.  The Cantata is actually on his home page.  I would assume the Eximus was also Neal Feay, as not many are doing work like that.

Nick, your pictures are the most attractive I've seen yet of the LL.  You sell your camerawork short.

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #205 of 312
Quote:
I moved some things around and managed to find room for it in my audio rack. Here are some photos (click for larger version). Sorry for the crappy quality.

Great pics and amazing setup mwilson.  
beerchug.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #207 of 312
Vast improvement over the prototype - I like the looks.

mwilson - the photos look darn fine to me, thanks for posting.

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #208 of 312
I only got my first "good" headphones like a month ago, the m50's. Never thought I could even afford the lcd2's and now this summer I am going to be working my butt off at best buy to save up for 009's o_O Jumping from m50's to 009's is gonna be quite something...

Jun 17, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #209 of 312
Quote:
I only got my first "good" headphones like a month ago, the m50's. Never thought I could even afford the lcd2's and now this summer I am going to be working my butt off at best buy to save up for 009's o_O Jumping from m50's to 009's is gonna be quite something...

You need to relax there. By the sounds of things, it doesn't seem like you can afford them comfortably. Take a chill pill instead of chasing the next best thing. There are a lot of hidden costs to audio than just the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back