[REVIEW] Brainwavz M4
May 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #16 of 48
Thanks for the review. I've had the M2 for about half a year now and I love the sound signature, but unfortunately it broke recently. I was wondering how the M4 sounds in comparison to the M2, if anyone could help me out here?

May 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #18 of 48
@Clieos 
you mentioned the M4 could be a lower version of the TF10. how is it compared to the Atomic  SuperDarts ?

SuperDarts is one of very few IEM that I think can challenge TF10 with the same sound signature. Though I did say M4 is like a step-down, dynamic version TF10, it is not that good yet. If you check out my concise comparison, you'll see there are 4 other IEM between M4 and SuperDarts of the balanced sound signature.

May 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #19 of 48
i think i wasnt clear when i asked. what i meant is, you said the M4 are like a B2 + bass, and said the same for the SuperDarts. i'm not asking about SQ difference, but more about signature.

May 30, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:
i think i wasnt clear when i asked. what i meant is, you said the M4 are like a B2 + bass, and said the same for the SuperDarts. i'm not asking about SQ difference, but more about signature.

To my ears, the SuperDarts are a lot deeper than the M4s with their V. 

May 30, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #21 of 48
To my ears, the SuperDarts are a lot deeper than the M4s with their V. 

Yep. I'll say the same. They both have a very obvious V-shaped sound, but SuperDarts is much more deeper. Probably the deepest of any IEM I have heard.

May 30, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #22 of 48
anything against the mic-version? 
I´m afraid it´s not as durable,
or the mic does influence the sound?

It´s because I have so many IEM, but not a single headset for my mobile....

May 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #24 of 48
anything against the mic-version? 
I´m afraid it´s not as durable,
or the mic does influence the sound?

It´s because I have so many IEM, but not a single headset for my mobile....

Mics are wired separately to the actual drivers. So they really can't affect the sound. I don't know why people think they do. Unless wired incorrectly or electricity can jump through two layers or thin plastic/rubber.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

May 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #26 of 48
Quote:
thanks,
anyway - ordered allready :wink:

Sounds good.  I didn't see your question regarding durability, the cables are Kevlare reinforced, which helps loads.  The lower half, before the Y-split, is fabric.  The only problem I had regarding the build was really just the strain relief leading out of the earpiece.  Headphone jack is straight, but durable nevertheless.

May 31, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #27 of 48
Hmm. I'm really looking forward to using M4 for country/slow rock genre...Is it worth the buy? Can anyone suggest me some IEMs on this price range for this genre. I have a pair of M2 and I really cannot enjoy Rock at all. *sigh* 

May 31, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:
Hmm. I'm really looking forward to using M4 for country/slow rock genre...Is it worth the buy? Can anyone suggest me some IEMs on this price range for this genre. I have a pair of M2 and I really cannot enjoy Rock at all. *sigh* 

In my opinion, the M4s are a perfect IEM to enjoy rock with.  You shouldn't be disappointed.  They are currently 28 bucks, so there is nothing to lose.  Be quick, sales aren't ever permanent! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back