[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Nov 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #1,388 of 1,750
yes that should work... tho e11 has abit of warm sound signature.. so it should help u in the bass department... i used e11 myself until i recabled my hm5 then I prefer the e17... but for stock E11 should work great. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #1,389 of 1,750
+1

I also use this combintation and like it a lot.

The extra bass mode on the E11 is great with some kind of music with the HM5.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #1,390 of 1,750
How do these compare to the V6? I think I may end up buying them from jaycar for $70. Does it have more bass? and Does it sound more natural than the V6? (V6 is very artificial sounding and grainy)

What genres do you think work best?

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,391 of 1,750
Quote:
How do these compare to the V6? I think I may end up buying them from jaycar for $70. Does it have more bass? and Does it sound more natural than the V6? (V6 is very artificial sounding and grainy)

Even though personally I don't think the HM5 sounded very natural at all, I'd say the HM5 would definitely sound a lot more natural than the V6, but then again most anything would :wink:

The only genre I was disappointed with on them was more aggressive forms of rock, as these headphones are very very laid back IMO.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #1,392 of 1,750
Quote:

I'll have to agree with manveru on the HM5.

Can't say how they compare to the HM5s as I haven't heard the V6 before, but I have to agree the HM5s are not very natural sounding. They do okay at every genre for the most part, but they don't really do anything that well and they are very laid back and honestly a bit boring. For $70 they are good though.

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #1,394 of 1,750
Quote:

I thought the V6 sounded a bit bright and grainy as well, the HM5 are natural sounding, I highly recommend them.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,395 of 1,750
Quote:

I thought the V6 sounded a bit bright and grainy as well, the HM5 are natural sounding, I highly recommend them.

I decided I'll pull the trigger and buy them, but for some reason there was an error with the transaction. Going to contact Jaycar. I do find the V6 very bright, grainy, and thin sounding not very  .. musical? I want something that I can listen to without getting fatigued, I think this is the right can for me (I'm also on a tight budget).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back