Sep 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #1,324 of 1,750
Quote:
Mine arrived today
First set of real headphones thanks to this forum
The machinarium soundtrack in flac really sings
6ubabute.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Murasaki, 
How do you like them compared to what you have heard before?  Mine didn't come in yesterday as expected.  Damn projected delivery dates really set you up for heartache when they miss the date!

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #1,325 of 1,750
I LOVE mine for Light Rock, Classical or just Chill Music.  (They just do ok for techno or anything bassy).

The Shure 940 Velour Pads work great for me as well.  I think it helps to reduce the "echo" and brings out the Highs and Mids just a bit.

Also, I do not listen to these loud, I feel when these cans are pushed too hard, it makes them a little messy.  At normal volumes, they are my favorite go to pair at the moment.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #1,327 of 1,750
Quote:
Is it possible you are hearing clipping out of your player rather than some deficiency of the 'phones?

No clipping.  Maybe it is just the output of my iPod?  I hope to have a DAC/Amp by December.

Like I said though, the quaility at "normal" volume is amazing.  It does not clip or anything at higher volumes, just seems a little messy, maybe that "echo" thing at lot of people have experenced comes out at those levels.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,328 of 1,750
I use BBE ViVA on my Cowon with the FA003 and I looove it!
It makes the bass a bit tighter, adds a bit to the highs and brings the vocals more forward as well, witch is how I like it. Without any eq and stuff I hear that echo too.
I have my eyes on the Sony MDR-1R these days...we'll see how the reviews will like them. I have no serious problem with the FA003, but the Sony looks gorgeous
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #1,329 of 1,750
Quote:

No clipping.  Maybe it is just the output of my iPod?  I hope to have a DAC/Amp by December.

Like I said though, the quaility at "normal" volume is amazing.  It does not clip or anything at higher volumes, just seems a little messy, maybe that "echo" thing at lot of people have experenced comes out at those levels.

Might be that dreaded echo.  I want to explore using some dynamat and other acoustic materials inside the cups to try to neutralize that.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,330 of 1,750
Quote:
Mine arrived today
6ubabute.jpg

Looks great with the stand. Makes my wait feel even longer..........

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,331 of 1,750
Quote:
Mine arrived today
6ubabute.jpg

Murasaki, 
How do you like them compared to what you have heard before?  Mine didn't come in yesterday as expected.  Damn projected delivery dates really set you up for heartache when they miss the date!

To be honest, I've only ever listened to entry level over the ear headphones and mostly listened through meelectronics ear buds. After giving these the 24 hour run through, I find myself captivated. I had never listened to flac files before and I feel like I'm rediscovering music for the first time. I'm discovering little nuances in music I previously had never known and it's making my listening experience that much more exciting

The cans themselves are really comfortable, although the most I've worn it was for an hour. The pads are extremely soft, it almost feels like there's no stuffing whatsoever. I think I've heard the echo people are talking about, but it doesn't bother me as everything I said previously just enthralls me.

One of my favourite albums of all time is the postal service's, give up, and listening to it in flac has filed me with such a pleasant emotion, its difficult to describe. All I can say is, it's like falling in love again for the very first time. Thank you head fi, I probably ly would have ended up with some beats and listened to 320kbps mp3 files

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #1,333 of 1,750
Quote:
Thank you head fi, I probably ly would have ended up with some beats and listened to 320kbps mp3 files

Actually, 320k mp3s are completely fine. If you were to do an ABX test, you'd be hard-pressed to tell them apart from FLAC. 
redface.gif
allow me to reiterate then, I'd probably be listening to 19-whatever that number is bitrate. Sorry, I'm still very much a rookie, but am enjoying this new found world I've stumbled upon

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,335 of 1,750
Hi - is the Lindy Premium Hi-Fi the same with the HM5 ? I live in Romania so I would rather find them in Europe. The price seems very good also ( for Europe at least ):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LINDY-Premium-Hi-Fi-Headphones-/120982845267?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1c2b23b753
There is also a seller in Germany selling the HM5 but the pricing is a bit different:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brainwavz-HM5-/170887069269?pt=Kopfh%C3%B6rer&hash=item27c9a9be55

So that's why I need to be sure it's the exact same product under a different name ( which I don't care ).

Don't know if they suit me just perfect though. I have learned that I need to HEAR headphones in order to decide to get them or not, online reviews just don't do it for me. For example the Philips 9850 is very highly regarded on head-fi - but when I went on to buy them, I found them a whole lot worse ( a huge lack in details/highs but more bassy ) compared to my cheaper Brainwavz ProAlphas which I find the best IEM in the sub 100$ range. If only they were a bit more bassy :)

I have had a pair of ATH-M50s for 1 week from someone - and I must say I liked them. Soundstage wise I found them too "closed in" but other than that - they sounded fine - good bass and highs, a bit too recessed mids. I also own a pair of AKG K181 - which I find very uncomfortable. They don't sound bad but are slightly un-detailed when directly compared to the M50s. I have also owned a pair of Sennnheiser HD595 which I kinda hated and sold immediately - they seemed to sound too muffed and found the details missing.
So I am really curious if I'd like these better as I am in the lookout for a closed can in the sub 200$ range.

Although a bit waaaay out of this price range - anyone have any idea how would they fair against the AKG K550 ? :D I think I could sell a kidney maybe and pull the trigger on those - if the difference between what I have enumerated so far and the K550s would be earth shattering :D

PS - I own a Fiio E10 which will power up either of them.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back