[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
May 2, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,112 of 1,750
Lossless vs everything else is like 1080p vs 720p.  Lossless and 1080p are the best of the best, but if you have 720p, you can barely tell a difference, but it is there.  You do need a good DAC/Amp setup though in order to tell the difference.  As well as good headphones.

May 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,114 of 1,750
I'll make a AAC version of all my lossless songs so i can soundcheck all of them. my setup is iPod touch 4g, E6 amp, L3 LOD, and of course the HM5s. if i start to notice a difference big enough to annoy me i'll switch back to lossless.

May 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,120 of 1,750
Hey all, I just got my pair of HM5's today. First real set of closed headphones I've purchased. Just want to thank all the guys on this thread for the ridiculous amounts of information given and ultimately helping me decide on the HM5 over a few other models I was looking at that cost a bit more. So far I'm blown away by them. Going from my iPhone or laptop to an E17. I understand if I do a 50+ hour burn in on these it's supposed to make them sound even better. Quick question though, is there any certain method for the burn in that will work best? I was planning on just plugging them into my desktop and letting them run through my full FLAC collection of a mix of genres for a few days.. Is that acceptable or should I look into something to loop for pink noise I think I've heard it called while lurking around threads on here..

Thanks in advance.

May 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #1,121 of 1,750
I think any bass heavy genre will break them in just fine. Maybe a dub step pandora station?

May 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #1,123 of 1,750
Just to point out a very obvious reason why the HM5s and the FA-003s use the exact same drivers-check the serial code on the baffle when you take off the earpads.  For both the HM5s and the FA-003s, the serial code comes in the form of 42B followed by ##K## under it.  It's basically absolute proof that all these drivers come from the same manufacturer.

May 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #1,124 of 1,750
Quote:
I'm in Ca and could maybe sell you a new in box pair if you really need one fast.  PM me if you wanna talk about it.

Darn too bad I bought them before you replied. Im not in a hurry to get them but by all means I would love to have them here soon :) Hey I checked out ezyparcels and it says: ITEM LODGED INTO DESTINATION MAIL HUB LOCAL POSTAL AGENT and says the updated location is in SINGAPORE. Why is my headphones in singapore when they should be in the U.S.?

May 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #1,125 of 1,750
It took about 3 days after that until they left Singapore.  Once they left Singapore, it took about 5 days to reach my house.  SO, shipping wasn't terribly at all.  I was expecting to get them by like the 17th, but I got them on like the 3rd, so just be a little patient.  They are worth the wait, they are fantastic headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back