[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
May 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #1,156 of 1,750
Quote:
Oh wait! That philips' review is of their own headphones! How convenient! I might as well go buy them right now since they manufacturer says they are pretty amazing set of headphones. Might as well go buy some beats by Dr. Dre while I'm at it since they praise their headphones all over the internet and television like normal sheeple do! Do you have any reviews other than the manufacturers review of their headphones?

Have you been following my posts at all?  I stated that one will start seeing more reviews on these headphones when stock becomes more available.  Right now, the stock is relatively low.  Amazon has the headphones listed, but they are out of stock.  Actually, Amazon had them on their site yesterday for $138.00 a pair, but they are now listed at $149.99 and awaiting more stock.

Why are you being so defensive in your posts?  You haven't even heard the Brainwavz HM5 headphones yet.  Wait until you get your Brainwavz, then try several more pair of various headphones over the next few years.  Then, by all means, please come back so we can have a civilized discussion.

May 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #1,157 of 1,750
Quote:
you seem to divert from the main points in my post. I was saying your post count or time or what you heard on the forum doesn't matter if you only support your arguments the way you have been simply by saying it's a hundred percent better and a product page. And you claiming what you have heard or done doesn't mean anything in a argument against a pair of headphone which alot of people on this forum likes and hold to high acclaim, the same people who've been here just as long as you have. Claiming what you've heard doesn't matter either when you only support your argument with what you have.

What are you main points that I seem to be diverting from?  I'm reading your sentences and paragraphs - yet, trying my best to understand what your points really are.

May 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #1,159 of 1,750
Quote:

Have you been following my posts at all?  I stated that one will start seeing more reviews on these headphones when stock becomes more available.  Right now, the stock is relatively low.  Amazon has the headphones listed, but they are out of stock.  Actually, Amazon had them on their site yesterday for $138.00 a pair, but they are now listed at $149.99 and awaiting more stock.

Why are you being so defensive in your posts?  You haven't even heard the Brainwavz HM5 headphones yet.  Wait until you get your Brainwavz, then try several more pair of various headphones over the next few years.  Then, by all means, please come back so we can have a civilized discussion.

Honestly, companies don't waste money on making a couple hundred/thousands of products to see how the population likes this product. They usually spend the money on numerous tests, etc...  then mass produce the product based on the outcome of the tests.

May 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #1,161 of 1,750
Quote:
Strong selective commenting ignoring the rest of my post. that shows you don't have any real defensive points.

I've gone back and reread each of your posts.  Frankly, there is very little substance within them to respond to.  So, in my case, there's really very little that I can or need to ignore.  You were the one to start putting words into my mouth about the HM5 headphones.  You was the one to use the word suck.  I came here and pointed out that for just $10 more, there is simply a better headphone to be had.  I thought maybe people would open their minds up a bit and not get so locked on the HM5s.  I guess I was wrong.  In fact, the purchase of the HM5 headphones left me, as a consumer, feeling ripped off on the purchase.  After seeing where one could take a $75.00 pair of Fostex headphones and about $35.00 in supplies to properly modify them, it really left me shaking my head when people were going all kinds of crazy over this $139.00 pair of headphones.

I could go on, but you'll just add comments that I'm overlooking the points you're trying to make.  If I want to put on an excellent pair of headphones, I'll use my HifiMAN HE-5LEs.  So, if I were to use that pair of headphones as my benchmark, I'd still say that the Philips Uptowns were pretty darn good headphones for the price and the Fostex T50RPs were amazing headphones for the price.  Yet, when I put on the HM5s, I heard a hollow sound.  Something that just didn't sound right.  To me, that led to my disappointment with them.

Keep in mind, I'm not here telling anyone to buy anything.  I'm simply stating that people should take the time to read through these threads and see what's really out there.  There are plenty of headphones that would easily put the HM5s to shame.  Also, don't overlook the used market.  The Sennheiser HD-580s, which are the predecessor to the HD-600 / 650 series are some pretty amazing, and quality headphones and can be had for about $150 (used) - which is a great bargain.

May 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #1,162 of 1,750
Guess I'll have to wait to get these Brainwavz to see how good they are but it seems like the majority of the people are pretty happy with these set of headphones, am I wrong? Are you claiming Dragon2Knight or keanex or everybody else that claim these are well worth the money to be liars/deceivers/misleaders etc... compared to YOU who is the ONE and Almighty knower of the best headphones?

May 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #1,163 of 1,750
Sorry, I sounded like a jerk there :frowning2: I'll just wait it out and see how I like them. Its just a-little upsetting that you gave up on these headphones in less than 1 day and from the information that I have gathered from research that these headphones need a good decent amount of burn-in to sound their best. Some people claim that burn-in works and some people think its just a figure of ones imagination but I guess that's what makes one persons opinion different than anothers. What you might think sounds better might sound opposite than another person or vice versa. I cannot be mad at someone elses difference. I am sorry wje for claiming what you thought was better sounding was false as it is dependent on the person listening. Let's just hope these are what I am hoping for!

May 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #1,164 of 1,750
Quote:

I've gone back and reread each of your posts.  Frankly, there is very little substance within them to respond to.  So, in my case, there's really very little that I can or need to ignore.  You were the one to start putting words into my mouth about the HM5 headphones.  You was the one to use the word suck.  I came here and pointed out that for just $10 more, there is simply a better headphone to be had.  I thought maybe people would open their minds up a bit and not get so locked on the HM5s.  I guess I was wrong.  In fact, the purchase of the HM5 headphones left me, as a consumer, feeling ripped off on the purchase.  After seeing where one could take a $75.00 pair of Fostex headphones and about $35.00 in supplies to properly modify them, it really left me shaking my head when people were going all kinds of crazy over this $139.00 pair of headphones.

I could go on, but you'll just add comments that I'm overlooking the points you're trying to make.  If I want to put on an excellent pair of headphones, I'll use my HifiMAN HE-5LEs.  So, if I were to use that pair of headphones as my benchmark, I'd still say that the Philips Uptowns were pretty darn good headphones for the price and the Fostex T50RPs were amazing headphones for the price.  Yet, when I put on the HM5s, I heard a hollow sound.  Something that just didn't sound right.  To me, that led to my disappointment with them.

Keep in mind, I'm not here telling anyone to buy anything.  I'm simply stating that people should take the time to read through these threads and see what's really out there.  There are plenty of headphones that would easily put the HM5s to shame.  Also, don't overlook the used market.  The Sennheiser HD-580s, which are the predecessor to the HD-600 / 650 series are some pretty amazing, and quality headphones and can be had for about $150 (used) - which is a great bargain.

then you have bad reading comprehension and I'd rather listen to the hundred others who claim the exact opposite than you do and use actual good bases for arguments. And others who have heard the same exact headphones you keep claiming you have some would even claim the hm5s are better than the Sennheiser HD-580s but this argument is getting nowhere so i'll be the man and stop

May 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #1,165 of 1,750
Wow - can I suggest a couple of people step back and take a chill pill?

First - wje is definitely not a shill - he's been on Head-fi for quite a while and I can testify to what a stand-up guy he is to deal with, and how helpful he is.  Wayne - if Ican make one suggestion to your original post - it would be this (my addition in red).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
I can tell not many of you have heard the Philips "Uptown" headphones yet? $149.99 @ Best Buy. Only $10.00 more than the HM5s, yet the sound is about 100% better to me. More reviews on these will be appearing as the headphones get ramped up and stocked at more vendors. BTW, I only paid $119.99 because I had a 20% off coupon.
wink.gif

Now - for the other two gentlemen having a crack at Wayne ..... two suggestions.  First up - re-read the post Wayne made, but instead of the condescending tone you're assuming he's using, read it in a "helpful voice".  Gets a different slant doesn't it .....

Second - he's talking about an entry-fi head-phone here.  I actually enjoyed the HM5 - but in the end I sold mine - it wasn't good enough "for me" to be a keeper.  @oakleyguy89 - you haven't even heard the HM5 yet - so why the angst.  @TBeagl - it's kind of hard to tell your experience with the cans you've heard, as you have nothing listed.  I'm guessing you own the HM5 - and like most entry-fi reasonably good listings, they've become overhyped by all of the new owners.  Hey they are a great headphone for a price point - so enjoy them, and don't give a hoot about any other comments.  It's certainly not worth going to war about.  IMO - the SRH840 are often cheaper and actually best the HM5 for SQ (maybe not comfort).  But that's my personal opinion - like Wayne, I do believe we are entitiled to one
wink.gif

I think this has raised one point for anyone interested ..... the Uptowns may indeed be worth demoing !

Peace all.

May 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #1,166 of 1,750
Quote:

First - wje is definitely not a shill - he's been on Head-fi for quite a while and I can testify to what a stand-up guy he is to deal with, and how helpful he is.  Wayne - if Ican make one suggestion to your original post - it would be this (my addition in red).

Quote:
I can tell not many of you have heard the Philips "Uptown" headphones yet? $149.99 @ Best Buy. Only $10.00 more than the HM5s, yet the sound is about 100% better to me. More reviews on these will be appearing as the headphones get ramped up and stocked at more vendors. BTW, I only paid $119.99 because I had a 20% off coupon.
wink.gif

Now - for the other two gentlemen having a crack at Wayne ..... two suggestions.  First up - re-read the post Wayne made, but instead of the condescending tone you're assuming he's using, read it in a "helpful voice".  Gets a different slant doesn't it .....

Second - he's talking about an entry-fi head-phone here.  I actually enjoyed the HM5 - but in the end I sold mine - it wasn't good enough "for me" to be a keeper.  @oakleyguy89 - you haven't even heard the HM5 yet - so why the angst.  @TBeagl - it's kind of hard to tell your experience with the cans you've heard, as you have nothing listed.  I'm guessing you own the HM5 - and like most entry-fi reasonably good listings, they've become overhyped by all of the new owners.  Hey they are a great headphone for a price point - so enjoy them, and don't give a hoot about any other comments.  It's certainly not worth going to war about.  IMO - the SRH840 are often cheaper and actually best the HM5 for SQ (maybe not comfort).  But that's my personal opinion - like Wayne, I do believe we are entitiled to one
wink.gif

I think this has raised one point for anyone interested ..... the Uptowns may indeed be worth demoing !

Peace all.

Excuse me, but did you read my last post at all? I apologized and admitted fault as its personal preference. Thanks for your input though.

May 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #1,168 of 1,750
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
wink.gif

wink.gif

Peace all.

I said in a previous post that how long someone has been here doesn't matter, i've been here many years even before you joined but I don't hang on join dates and post and neither should you. You can't assume anything about anybody. You should carefully reread my post and see what i'm getting at, you like wje, good for you but that doesn't mean he can get by with everything. Case and point, after three pages of arguing and diverting from the statements in my post he finally in his last post in the last three pages of arguing said why he disliked the the hm5s, three pages it took after I said just saying the Phillips was a hundred percent better wasn't a good argument in every single of my post. Only judge people by what they post and not about what you personally know about him so maybe you should put bias aside and reread his and my post from a neutral standpoint. And I said I was done arguing about it, please don't bring it back up or this can and will go on longer than it should.

May 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #1,169 of 1,750
WJE, can you please measure the INSIDE of the ear cups (top to bottom) on the Philips Uptown so I can know if my big ears can fit completely inside of them?  I need large cups so they rest against my head and not on my ears : )

May 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #1,170 of 1,750
*in reply to TBE*
Wow - whatever dude.

Said my piece.

(some very intense people on here lately
smile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back