[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
May 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,531 of 1,750
the cave like sound feel of this can makes it great for trance/ambient/electronic music,
i love the ethereal feel to it. 

But if i need a good big classical meal, then i would pick a k550,
which for a closed can, has better separation n a very spacious tall soundstage. 

May 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #1,532 of 1,750
where can i get wood cups!? #takemymoneynow:D

lol... my friend at work made them for me using merbau wood, not exactly cheap either since he need to use a cnc milling and made em one by one. mine cost me about 75 bucks.. and I live in Indonesia.. so that's adding another 10-20 bucks to send them to USA.. (well haven't check the shipping cost so those are just estimate). 

check out page 91 if you wanna see what my hm5 looks like..

How do i know im not being scammed?

May 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #1,533 of 1,750
send the money to me...send the cups to me too...
i test them out, n use the money for lunch,
see if the money works too.  :p

May 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #1,535 of 1,750
Quote:
you cant compair open air to closed back when talking about soundstage. try using an open back in a noisy environment it will fall flat on its face.
not saying your wrong just saying its not fair.

From all the praise these get in terms of soundstage you would think they are open headphones
The problem is, they are really veiled.  A year ago I did not know what the term veil sounded like until I bought the HM5 XD.  Not that they are bad, I held on to them up until a month ago.

If the headband had less clamping force they would have been my most comfortable pair of headphones, downright loved the pads.  Never had sweaty ears, though I really am not the type to sweat or sit in the home without the a/c on.

May 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #1,536 of 1,750
you cant compair open air to closed back when talking about soundstage. try using an open back in a noisy environment it will fall flat on its face.

not saying your wrong just saying its not fair.

From all the praise these get in terms of soundstage you would think they are open headphones
The problem is, they are really veiled.  A year ago I did not know what the term veil sounded like until I bought the HM5 XD.  Not that they are bad, I held on to them up until a month ago.

If the headband had less clamping force they would have been my most comfortable pair of headphones, downright loved the pads.  Never had sweaty ears, though I really am not the type to sweat or sit in the home without the a/c on.
i bent the head band back really hard and it made the ss much wider

May 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,537 of 1,750
There's another result to bending the headband back... it breaks, I like clamping force, believe it or not, it's just the security feel you get. And seen as these are my first audiophile headphones, I can't hear veiling, I'll go listen to some hd598s in a store and see what happens

May 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #1,538 of 1,750
There's another result to bending the headband back... it breaks, I like clamping force, believe it or not, it's just the security feel you get. And seen as these are my first audiophile headphones, I can't hear veiling, I'll go listen to some hd598s in a store and see what happens
sorry let me clarify! dont bend backwards just stretch the band and wrap bolth hands around the pleather part and dont hold by the cups/cup arms. it took a lot of bending and i used a looot of force and no brakeage but the clamp was reduced dramatically

May 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,539 of 1,750
be careful about bending apart:i read a few comments from HM5 owners that broke them finally.

May 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,541 of 1,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back