[Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ
Apr 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #1,503 of 1,750
Quote:
nice camera, you managed to make something functional, look artistic

Thanks, not to go off topic...  but I do some photography stuff.  I have worked for "Parade" and a few other magazines.

Also has come in handy for some online photo contests to win free stuff. 
smile.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #1,507 of 1,750
Would anyone know if these are more neutral/ analytical than the Sure SRH 840s?

I'd say so, however, these are much more bulky and use a huge case, it really depends what you're looking for, but these I think are better

well so i would be using them for post production eq'ing videos as in sometimes i have to adjust for large rooms so i need to make the sound rather dark to compensate for 6khz-8khz oscillations in a ballroom so i would like some sensitivity in that area. also how are they on isolation?

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #1,508 of 1,750
Would anyone know if these are more neutral/ analytical than the Sure SRH 840s?

I'd say so, however, these are much more bulky and use a huge case, it really depends what you're looking for, but these I think are better

well so i would be using them for post production eq'ing videos as in sometimes i have to adjust for large rooms so i need to make the sound rather dark to compensate for 6khz-8khz oscillations in a ballroom so i would like some sensitivity in that area.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #1,510 of 1,750
the brainwavz isolation are amazing!!!! I wouldn't worry in that department, and, as far as I'm concerned, brainwavz hm5 are your original play-doh headphones, you can do pretty much anything with them (eq wise) whether you want bumping bass or neutral sound doesn't matter, you can make 'em do anything you like

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #1,511 of 1,750
Just received the Digitech branded version from Jaycar. It took them 12 days to arrive to Europe from Australia. I can't recommend them enough to anyone looking for a new set of full size headphones, because for such a price, there simply are no competitors. Replaceable cable and ear pads, better than average built quality, good comfort and isolation and above all - great sound quality. For less than forty euros, this is a no-brainer.

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #1,512 of 1,750
Hi All,

I recently just got my Brainwavs HM5.  I want to trick out both the ear pads and the plastic cups on my new baby.

For the earpads, I've read somewhere in this thread that a Shure HPAEC940 REplacement Velour Ear Pads for SRH940 Headphones will do wonders to ear comfort.  Just like to ask though if the Ear cavity is the same for the original ear pads and for this one as well (I'm a bit pointy eared, so this is a concern).  Also, does it affect the sound in anyway?

For the plastic cup replacement, I also read that wooden cups have an advantage of making your cans more aesthetically good looking and makes the overall sounds better.  I am looking all over the place on where to get these wooden cups for the hm5s.  Can anyone tell me if this would be a good upgrade and where I can get these wooden cups?

Thanks a bunch!

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #1,513 of 1,750
Quote:
Just received the Digitech branded version from Jaycar. It took them 12 days to arrive to Europe from Australia. I can't recommend them enough to anyone looking for a new set of full size headphones, because for such a price, there simply are no competitors. Replaceable cable and ear pads, better than average built quality, good comfort and isolation and above all - great sound quality. For less than forty euros, this is a no-brainer.

read your post and thought "I can't recommend them to anyone"... then I realized there was an enough inbetween can't recommend and to anyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back