[REVIEW] Brainwavz B2
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #16 of 30
What is a 'high SD'? Assuming you are talking about value - I would still give it a high value rating if it has better build quality but cost $50 more. If it cost over $50 more, I'll have to rethink about its value.

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #17 of 30

Quote:
What is a 'high SD'? Assuming you are talking about value - I would still give it a high value rating if it has better build quality but cost $50 more. If it cost over $50 more, I'll have to rethink about its value.

yea, value. a 5/5. your SD start from 4.75 right?

and thanks, it's good for reference  when going for something $200+

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #18 of 30
I believe B2 and FXT90 have very different sound signatures?

FXT90 has more base quantity and impact, warmer mids and more dynamic vs B2?

Which is the better value?

Nov 24, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #19 of 30

SD starts from 4.85.

I believe B2 and FXT90 have very different sound signatures?

FXT90 has more base quantity and impact, warmer mids and more dynamic vs B2?

Which is the better value?

Yes, B2 and FXT90 are totally different in sound signature. B2 is analytical while FXT90 is mid-centric. They are both really good value, it all depends on which sound you are more attractive to.

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
Quote:

SD starts from 4.85.

my bad...
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #21 of 30
I'm surprised that you say there was not much change with burn-in. When I first tried the B2 I found them to be painfully bright. A very harsh treble sound. I was amazed how much that smoothed out after 30-50 hours.Now I find them to be a very good IEM. I still like the $39 Koss KSC75 better, especially with Kramer mods. Of course the KSC75 doesn't provide isolation.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #22 of 30

Quote:
I'm surprised that you say there was not much change with burn-in. When I first tried the B2 I found them to be painfully bright. A very harsh treble sound. I was amazed how much that smoothed out after 30-50 hours.Now I find them to be a very good IEM. I still like the $39 Koss KSC75 better, especially with Kramer mods. Of course the KSC75 doesn't provide isolation.

I noticed this as well since I specifically heard a slight loss in the mid-bass (creating more of a bass body size vs actual mid-bass impact and giving more spotlight to sub-bass).  Treble did de-harshen a bit.  I'm still not sure whether or not this is due to better fit with tips or actual driver burn in.  I'm pretty sure it'd be both (nature vs nurture type of deal), but which one did what (and how much of it)?

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #23 of 30
Interesting... I found little to no burn-in for either the DBA-02 or the B2.

Well, that really shows that YMMV...
wink_face.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #26 of 30
The Brainwavz B2 are my first proper IEM's (after the historical first edition Sennheiser CX-300, which I was fed up with after having those for almost 10 years), and it was a superb choice. Personally, I don't find them "painfully bright" or "harsch" at all. Gave them only about half an hour of listening yesterday to multiple genres straight from the box, and the bright was just perfect, precise.

Even though it's said they require no burn-in, I decided to burn them in while I was asleep, so.. around 6 hours last night. Maybe it's because I'm very very tired, or because their sound fits my taste I never knew I had, maybe the 6 hours of burn-in actually did make them settle that little bit they needed, or maybe I did after all destroy a bit of them when the white noise through the amp was WAY too loud to be healthy for an IEM (canceled it within 1 second).. but they're sounding a lot warmer.

I mean, really lovely warm, which might be a bit strange for someone coming from the Sennheiser CX-300. Yes, I'm confused as well.

The bass is what the bass should be, tight and deep, and even works for stuff like Röyksopp, or rock like the Deftones (it's actually the first time I'm _enjoying_ their album Diamond Eyes, as it sounded like a box of sound thrown together with a pillow on top before). The high's are still as precise as they were, though it seems that they're not as present as they were before. Looks like I'm experiencing the same as tinyman392 above. I miss it, actually. But again, that could be because of the office I'm in or the sleep I lack.

Looking forward to the weekend, where I'll give them some really good sessions at home in a quiet environment, and comparison to the old in-a-crappy-state Sennheiser CX-300's again.

Reading above, you can see I can't quite be qualified as an audiophile with a desk full of gear, just starting to enjoy music again after having lost it (blaming the CX-300's and broken down hi-fi set). Yet the term analytical confuses me now, as the music sounds like it should to my ears and nothing too much but really what I'd expect it to be, and to be enjoyable by anyone.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #28 of 30
anyone have any eexpereince with mp4 nation repairs?  One side of my b2s stopped working and they are indicating its at least a 4 week wait, and my pair has been with them in HK for over a month?

Two months plus on a repair??? sounds a little strange 

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #29 of 30
So I brought the B2 but it doesn't seem to be working out for me, I am not a fan of the sound. Would anyone be interested in purchasing a pair of slightly used month old B2s with all accessories (bar the included comply tips) as well as three packs of additional comply tips. All at a reduced price. I am located in Australia, message me if you are interested

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #30 of 30
Hi
I had the same reaction to these. Then I read the reviews which said they take time to break in. This has been my experience also. After some months they sounded much smoother with highs less shrill. I'm glad I stuck with them. I have found them to be excellent

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back