[REVIEW] Beyerdynamic XP Series: Beyer Storm the Budget Market!
Nov 2, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #76 of 82
Finally my XP3 arrived! So I think I'm the only Italian with this IEM (and one of the few European). Now it's time for burn-in, they sound a little bit muddy out of the box, but this is normal.

Nov 3, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #77 of 82
Quote:
Finally my XP3 arrived! So I think I'm the only Italian with this IEM (and one of the few European). Now it's time for burn-in, they sound a little bit muddy out of the box, but this is normal.

how are you finding them now?

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #78 of 82
I'm not an expert, I've only had a Sennheiser CX300, a Philips 9850 and my lovely Hippo VB. Since now, I like the presentation, highs are better than in the Hippo, but I'm not very satisfied about sub-bass and mid-bass region. The first one was better in the Hippo by far: more natural, more deep, I was able to feel the skin of the drum vibrating. In the XP3 the extension is good but they miss a bit of impact. About the mid-bass region, probably I go used to the lack of them in the Hippo: sometimes mid-bass are too much for me and cover singers' voice. I don't know if it's a problem of burn-in, we will see.

So, globally I have to say they're a good pair of IEM. BUT the cable noise is REALLY annoying. If you want to listen to music while walking, you'd better insert the cable in your jacket to keep it firm...or buy another IEM!

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #79 of 82
my XP2 just arrived,

couldn't agreed more with SonOfFree, sound muddy out of the box, need to give 'em time to burn in.
i find the cables is much better compared to Sony MH1a.

I'll be using it with Biscuit + Cricri

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #81 of 82
Quote:
keep us updated, it gets better!

really?
been using them for less than 10 hours (more or less), and now i store it back in its box. the low's are still too much for me, and i thought that i'm a basshead, which now i realize apparently i am not, tried the XP3, they're much better sounding compare to XP2 imo... 
actually i've been thinking to sell my XP2, and get shure SE 215 SPE instead..

or should i give my XP2 more time to burn in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back