[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #3,362 of 7,021
Quote:
Large auvios barely helped. Decored Ts500 are better for now. But that has to be one of the worst tracks as far as sibilance goes. 

Darn. I hope it smooths out for you.

just got these in my ears. they look a lot better than the pictures.

first thing i notice is how much bass there is. Something i'll need my ears to get adjusted to. And i would agree with a lot of the talk that a lot of it is mid bass. Would wish for more sub bass but honestly so far, im pretty happy with these.

PRobably the bassiest thing ive put in my ears tho 
basshead.gif

Congrats!

Play around with the bass port to adjust the levels to your liking.

I think eke's got the wrong James Morrison — I think he meant this James Morrison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1l8T2Lcl0

No, I meant young pop sensation, James Morrison. Best known for his hit single, Undiscovered.

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #3,363 of 7,021
Quote:
There was a slight misunderstanding earlier. I edited my post.

Actually it was my mistake (didn't read eke's post peoperly!), which annoys me a great deal as sparrows tend to be perfectionists.

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #3,364 of 7,021
Quote:

Play around with the bass port to adjust the levels to your liking.

So far i find that open definitely sounds better than closed... so i basically have it on minimum while still having the ports a bit opened lol

wish there were more tip options tho... =(

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3,365 of 7,021
Thanks :) Yeah it took long enough. I paid July 11th and got them yesterday. But hey, **** happens. For now I'm happy with a shallow fit and decored Ts500 (luckily I ordered some Comply foams with the "Schoolswag"-code). They will be fine until the sibilance settles. Roll away your stone by Mumford & Sons was probably the most ear piercing experience I've had in a long time with the small auvios. Will post an update when the sibilance disappears, they're burning in right now.

I didn't mind the wait... mostly cuz Andy was on top of replying to my emails :)

The sound I did mind but now I'm excited to try them again. I'm going to ask dale about opening the BA's up like soundbear. That may improve the highs for me given that part of the spectrum was accurate on my pair.

just got these in my ears. they look a lot better than the pictures.

first thing i notice is how much bass there is. Something i'll need my ears to get adjusted to. And i would agree with a lot of the talk that a lot of it is mid bass. Would wish for more sub bass but honestly so far, im pretty happy with these.

PRobably the bassiest thing ive put in my ears tho 
basshead.gif

Good thing I'm keeping my vanilla GR07's :)

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #3,366 of 7,021
So far i find that open definitely sounds better than closed... so i basically have it on minimum while still having the ports a bit opened lol

wish there were more tip options tho... =(

About the tips. Is it just me or are they meelec tips? The stock dual flanges look like meelec balanced, I also got a pair wrong so I got one regular dual flange and one short that looks like the large IE8 duals. Well, the tips are pretty generic. Just reacted as the grey dual flanges looked very similar to meelec.

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #3,369 of 7,021
Quote:
For me i find that the stock dual flanges does pretty good. Reduces the sibilance and smooths the treble. Around 200 hours of burn in should do the trick! :)

theyre too big for me =( haha... my ears are absurdly tiny

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,371 of 7,021
took these for a skateboard ride around my college campus.

isolation is MUCH better than i had expected, and definitely great for an iem with ports for the driver. Also no wind noise skateboarding around which is quite extraordinary! less wind noise than my iems without bass ports. i have no clue how aurisonics did it... but that's a huge plus for me.

sound is fine with iphone. soundstage is not something to be wowed by but the imaging is something im liking a LOT on these. especially just boarding around with an iphone. Being at home plugged into a better set up is a diff story.

also...these barely fit in my miniscule ears... but how are they so comfortable????

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,372 of 7,021
I found the bump to be pretty nasal, though that was on the ER6, plus there seemed to me like there was a severe lack of bass on the ER6. I don't know how closely the er6 and er4 are related though.
As for the treble spike, I never hear sibilance unless it's in the recording. Like shotgunshane, flysweep, and ericp10 have mentioned, the AS-2 is always smooth but will show what's in the recorded treble. However, I'm pretty sure the ASG-2's treble is more laid back than the GR07's.
myzV

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #3,373 of 7,021
yep mate music 4321 aka Sparrow, that singer you meant name is Jim, not James :)

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #3,374 of 7,021
^   James Douglas "Jim" Morrison (December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971) was an American singer-songwriter and poet, best remembered as the lead singer of Los Angeles rock band The Doors.   :wink:

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #3,375 of 7,021
  ^   James Douglas "Jim" Morrison (December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971) was an American singer-songwriter and poet, best remembered as the lead singer of Los Angeles rock band The Doors.   :wink:

thanks to our wisest of wisest Sparrow aka Music4321 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back