[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 3, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #5,642 of 7,021
Some of the Australian lads have been nagging me to try ASG-2, I thought why not send this beast out on demo period to a few of them. I think I'll make it compulsory they leave some form of impressions here, keep the dream alive. 
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #5,645 of 7,021
I have the asg2 but was wondering about these sounding so dark and unclear. Do you guys think that I have a defective pair and if I do can I send them to aurisonics for repair for no additional charge???

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #5,646 of 7,021
I have the asg2 but was wondering about these sounding so dark and unclear. Do you guys think that I have a defective pair and if I do can I send them to aurisonics for repair for no additional charge???

No additional charge if they're still in the warranty period and you've registered your pair only accordingly.
They've been very good with repairs for the folks on here (from what I can tell) so I would give it a shot, but not expect a new pair at no fee unless you are the original owner.

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #5,647 of 7,021

Have you burnt them in yet? Or play with the bass dial? If bass is set to maximum it may sound abit cloudy and congested. By nature the ASG2 is more towards warm and darker sounding. But definitely not unclear.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #5,648 of 7,021

They are on the darker side when it comes to iems, pairing them with the right amp makes all the difference. From my experience the high frequency driver is very sensitive to impedance , the wrong amp can make them sound quite dark and muffled but get a good pairing and they really come to life and sound amazing.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #5,649 of 7,021
Maybe that's it only tried it a bit with the bass ports closed. Not my cup of tea I prefer the visceral bass with the ports wide open. I have about 60hrs of burn in with them already I guess my problem is I will listen to something like the Pandora vi or the ie800s then switch to these immediately. When I do that it's kind of like going literally from daytime to nighttime for me. Are the asg2s really that dark, is not a bad thing and I really enjoy the bass on theses is just listening to bright iems or headphones maybe that is kind of why I find them a little unclear. I hope that is it and not something internal hopefully it just take some getting use too.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #5,650 of 7,021
I'm using them with the ak120 and the fiio e11 they still sound a little dark but when I switch them to the ibasso dx50 they go from a little dark to pitch black for me still really enjoying them for their unmatched midbass in an iem.

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #5,651 of 7,021
I don't think they're defective. You just probably have to get used to the signature again or it could be that it isn't your preferred sound. I know when I switch from my InEar SD-2, the ASG sounds dark but after I listen for a while, I get used to it again and start enjoying it for its differences. Source makes a big difference too as mentioned above. Oh, and have you tried different tips? I know those make a big difference. Couldn't stand comply on them so I switched to Ortofon. And the stock tips weren't very impressive to me except maybe the triflange.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #5,652 of 7,021
I'm using them with the ak120 and the fiio e11 they still sound a little dark but when I switch them to the ibasso dx50 they go from a little dark to pitch black for me still really enjoying them for their unmatched midbass in an iem.

I use my ASG-2 with DX50 full time, the tonality doesn't appear affected between sources.

If you're local in USA, sending them to Aurisonics for piece of mind and checking would be reassuring.

I cannot call ASG-2 dark, there's a difference. Dark is considerably veiled, with absent treble. They're warm, thick, definitely deep  sounding but not never venturing into complete blackness, if it was the case I doubt they'd be so popular. The ASG-2.5 I heard sounded darker to me, but remember my ASG-2 is slightly altered which I think is right on. 

What's an IEM you consider bright? What model?

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #5,654 of 7,021
Haven't really tried the ports fully closed yet though when I get back I will try that, maybe that will help but then again I love that hard hitting bass that you get when the ports are completely open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back