[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Sep 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #5,223 of 7,021
Agree with warrior. Like I said before, the 2.5 are a bit more laid back and less fatiguing than the 846, very similar in philosophy but different approaches. Sure buy for me (maybe you'll end up selling the 846 and keeping these)

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #5,224 of 7,021
The only thing I prefer heavily between the 2 is the fit with the 8's. They fit perfectly in my ears. I know it's more of an issue with the tips, but the Westone star tips are ideal for my ears, I think I have narrow canals or something. I wish the Westone tips for on my other 2 favorite IEMS.

Anyone know if tips that will fit the G2 that have that narrow type barrel shape similar to the Westone star?

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #5,225 of 7,021
Quick note about the bass port settings on the ASG series.

If you look closely at the dial on the bass port, you'll notice that one side has a white marking. It's not scraped off paint, but rather it's the indication for where the setting is. 

*point that white mark towards the first line and the port will be closed. Point it to the circle and the port will be open full blast.*

Quote:
Anyone know if tips that will fit the G2 that have that narrow type barrel shape similar to the Westone star?

Nope. The nozzle of the G2 is too wide for those types of tips, and it would kill the sound anyway.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #5,226 of 7,021
Thanks Eke, bass port thing really helps my dumb ass. As far as the tips, do you know if there tips that have a similar shape like those, but with a wider bore? They fit perfectly in my canals, the double flange tips fit good, but not near as good as the Westone.
I can it imagine how good the g2 would sound with a perfect seal... or maybe it's time I just ordered a custom set. I wonder if they could send me G2 instead of 2.5...hmmm

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #5,227 of 7,021
Thanks Eke, bass port thing really helps my dumb ass. As far as the tips, do you know if there tips that have a similar shape like those, but with a wider bore? They fit perfectly in my canals, the double flange tips fit good, but not near as good as the Westone.
I can it imagine how good the g2 would sound with a perfect seal... or maybe it's time I just ordered a custom set. I wonder if they could send me G2 instead of 2.5...hmmm

I have the extra long single flange from Meelectronics M11+ set. It works nicely for that.

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #5,229 of 7,021

I have the extra long single flange from Meelectronics M11+ set. It works nicely for that.

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm

I am using the Meelec Double Flange Tips on both my ASG2 and the Universal Roxanne. They bring out the best in both IEMS. Tones the mid-bass down a bit, draws the sub-bass out. Adds air and soundstage in comparison to alot of other tips I've used. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #5,230 of 7,021
Is there a difference between the ASG-22 and the ASG-2.5? Because I'm finding places advertising the former but there's no real info on it, however the product photos look exactly like the 2.5:
http://www.hideflifestyle.com/aurisonics-asg-1-generic-digital-hybrid-in-ear-monitor-5924.html

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #5,231 of 7,021
  Is there a difference between the ASG-22 and the ASG-2.5? Because I'm finding places advertising the former but there's no real info on it, however the product photos look exactly like the 2.5:
http://www.hideflifestyle.com/aurisonics-asg-1-generic-digital-hybrid-in-ear-monitor-5924.html

I think the 22 is probably a typo. 

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #5,233 of 7,021
Has anyone tried comparing the new Sureseal tips with other tips like the Ortofon ones or the Aurisonics bi-flange?

What do you wanna know about them?

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #5,234 of 7,021
  What do you wanna know about them?

Haha, pardon me for not mentioning 
tongue.gif
 . I'd like to know how they differ in their sonic qualities, basically. For example how the old single flange, bi flange and ortofon sound different from one other, and any of your personal preferences.

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #5,235 of 7,021
There were some references comparing the ASG-2 to the Sennheiser HD600. Which is more similar to the HD600 in terms of sound signature, the ASG-2 or the IE800? I love the tone of the HD600, although sometimes I wish it had more sub bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back