[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Mar 20, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #4,651 of 7,021
  hi, i have asg-2 frosted shell..
I love the sound quality of ASG-2, & i still don't get why anyone wont love the sound..
if the sub bass is slightly increase, it will be a retirement IEM.. but overall, worth every penny with the sound quality

i dont know about you guys, but my frosted version kinda have bad built quality.. there are finger print on the shell.. & the plastic looks cheap...
and the worst part.. i break my right ear IEM shell on the recessed socket side, just because changing the cable, without force..
luckily, i managed to glue it.. & because it was frosted version, the glue was camouflaged by the frosted body..
rolleyes.gif

at the left ear IEM, i can see thin crack line just waiting  to break on the recessed socket shell side..
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that your iem broke already. I would send it in for the warranty. When I first got my ASG-2 I also had a thin harline crack on one of the recessed socket but didnt want to send it in after waiting a month for it to be made... Ill probably send it in before warranty ends but am still waiting for the update first 
tongue.gif
. What I would worry about if I were you would be the color. Even with me paying a bit extra for a UV coat the color has become a sickly yellow color which to me is unacceptable for a $600 iem... But, anyway, I love the sound quality too 
smily_headphones1.gif
 just gotta figure out what to do with the iem.

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #4,656 of 7,021
Aurisonics designed their iems to be easily taken apart and put back together in order to have easier access to the drivers if there's an update or if it needs fixing (or just in general... maybe if u want a mod?). Yes there are faceplates of different kind, like stealth, frost, or even chrome and gold. I dont know if they sell it but theyre are definitely options.

Build quality of these things is good

Mar 28, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #4,658 of 7,021

Why do you think your front shell is defective?

because the plastic break without force, i was just unplug & plug in the right cable, and it breaks 
frown.gif

.. if they make that thin plastic on the recess socket, i'm sure they have to make it strong right? the price was $600..
i presume the aurisonic is a great company, they wouldn't intentionally give me a bad product right?
I already can see a thin crack line on the left side IEM, it just matter 1-2 week maybe, and than the left will also break..
But, i am ready with my super glue.. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #4,659 of 7,021
because the plastic break without force, i was just unplug & plug in the right cable, and it breaks :frowning2:
.. if they make that thin plastic on the recess socket, i'm sure they have to make it strong right? the price was $600..
i presume the aurisonic is a great company, they wouldn't intentionally give me a bad product right?
I already can see a thin crack line on the left side IEM, it just matter 1-2 week maybe, and than the left will also break..
But, i am ready with my super glue.. :D

Mine also broke off while I was changing the cable. Little force used too. But it doesn't really affect the build though..

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #4,660 of 7,021
  because the plastic break without force, i was just unplug & plug in the right cable, and it breaks 
frown.gif

But, i am ready with my super glue.. 
biggrin.gif

Yikes!

Yeah, contact the guys at Aurisonics and they'll hook you right up.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #4,664 of 7,021
I've always wondered that too... ive made the assumption that aurisonics just depends on their distributors to sell them or something.

I know you can still order from them if you contact them. My ASG-2 is custom colors so i know they'll let you customize your ASG-2 too... for a price ofc

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #4,665 of 7,021
I thought it was because they are still in beta mode, using current customer feedback to finalize the tuning. Good question tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back