[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Dec 30, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #4,292 of 7,021
Dec 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #4,293 of 7,021
  now you've got me wishing they were here right now...lol

TBH Alan, I sold the UM3X knowing that I would never listen to them again after hearing the ASG2. Just better in every way. I don't miss the congestion of the UM3X at all. ASG2 is still "polarizing" and makes everything sound great. Use the best tips possible. People like the Ortofon tips here on HF, but also try some of the Audio Technica Ear Tips. I've found that they match perfectly with the ASG2. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #4,294 of 7,021
  TBH Alan, I sold the UM3X knowing that I would never listen to them again after hearing the ASG2. Just better in every way. I don't miss the congestion of the UM3X at all. ASG2 is still "polarizing" and makes everything sound great. Use the best tips possible. People like the Ortofon tips here on HF, but also try some of the Audio Technica Ear Tips. I've found that they match perfectly with the ASG2. 

thanks i'll keep an eye open for those tips

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #4,296 of 7,021
  If you like the UM3X, the ASG2 is a huge step up. 

Indeed. I got the opportunity to hear a UM3X a couple of months ago. I was struck by how much it seemed like a "trickle down" ASG-2. Like how GPU manufacturers develop their TOTL cards, then cut transistors and the like for lower priced cards.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #4,297 of 7,021

Indeed. I got the opportunity to hear a UM3X a couple of months ago. I was struck by how much it seemed like a "trickle down" ASG-2. Like how GPU manufacturers develop their TOTL cards, then cut transistors and the like for lower priced cards.

Yes eke, the um3x was my first iem I ever purchased. I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It isn't a horrible iem, it is just that the ASG2 is a considerable step up. The um3x was immediately left out in the cold once I got my asg2 back in May. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #4,298 of 7,021
Hmm. Regarding tips. Since I don't listen exclusively to any iem and I'm so incredibly satisfied with my FA-4E I just reverted back to stock cable from Fiio and all the way to comply tips. Most of you will probably think it's the worst thing ever but with the foam in the bass valve canal and comply TS they're silky smooth. I just felt that they became more mature and somehow content with themselves. I stopped trying to transform them into something they're not and played to their strengths. And it removes all harshness, that's probably my #1 selling point. I don't want another iem that sounds ok but sibilant and scooped out mids. I want the smooth ride, warm, silky, relaxed.

Compared to the FA-4E which I've realised engages me into the music at all times, whether I want to be engaged or not, the ASG-2 lets me choose. G-2 lets me forget about the world and just listen. Being surrounded by the music without having someone poking you. So while it arguably sounds worse, it fits better into my lineup as a complement. The sound is just so soothing.

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #4,299 of 7,021
so my new aurisonics arrived today and after a little listen have to say these are way better than my umx3.
soundstage seems to be so much larger than the umx will however try some different tips just to see what difference there is in the sound

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #4,300 of 7,021
so my new aurisonics arrived today and after a little listen have to say these are way better than my umx3.
soundstage seems to be so much larger than the umx will however try some different tips just to see what difference there is in the sound

Welcome to da family :)

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #4,303 of 7,021
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #4,304 of 7,021
well ow had these running for two full days now and I'm loving these phones so much...

out of interest anyone swapped their cable out for a custom one yet?

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #4,305 of 7,021
  well ow had these running for two full days now and I'm loving these phones so much...

out of interest anyone swapped their cable out for a custom one yet?

I've used the ASG-2 with heir magnus 1 cable and moved onto DHC fusion cable. It works quite nicely with it. There's also been strong recommendations for headphonelounge's silver cable with the ASG-2.

Also have a noble cable coming that hopefully i'll have time to try modding 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back