REVIEW: Audiotailor “Jade” Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier
Mar 6, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #91 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there still promotional pricing available on the Jade? What is the total cost with delivery to the US?

Thanks,

JP

Yes ! Jade cost is US$300 + shipping from Hong Kong. Free shipping in promotion periode (Until end of May). It cost around US$90 by EMS.

Mar 6, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #92 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried the military 6as7 - the 6080 in there?

I currently have some and fully willing to take them out of the fs section for you to try since right now I have no intention to use them.

Yes ! It can use 6N5P/6N13 , 6080/6AS7 family. I'm test 6080 in Home with Jade.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #93 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiotailor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had send email to you about Jade readyy to ship same time as Paul T. May be problem on mail server ! you had not receive it ! You can pay by paypal & ship it on Saturday or Monday. Please feel free to email me if any question.

sales@audiotailor.com

As you can see from the above, I was messaged but my computer probably recognized it as spam and blocked it.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Not Audiotailor's fault. Have communicated with him and everything is now fine. Had I received his message, I would have received my unit before PaulyT. Thanks for the instant clarification, audiotailor
darthsmile.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #95 of 977
This is from a post by Skylab in another thread (6AS7G tube rolling):

Quote:

Also, the 5998, while generally usable in 6AS7G designs, is NOT identical to the 6AS7G. It has significantly higher transconductance than the 6AS7G. It works fine in the Darkvoice and Singlepower amps that use the 6AS7G, but the tubes are not 100% identical and the 5998 may not work perfectly in every application calling for a 6AS7.

Audiotailor folks, what do you think about using a 5998 in the Jade?

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #96 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audiotailor folks, what do you think about using a 5998 in the Jade?

Got this by e-mail from Audiotailor (quoting directly):

Quote:

5998 can use in Jade but I had never try it. So I has no idea on it sound.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #97 of 977
I did not try the 5998 in the Jade so I can't comment on it's sound either.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #98 of 977
Ok, well I've ordered a Tung-Sol 5998, so when it and the Chatham 6AS7G come in, I can start comparing these power tubes. Not that I'm any sort of expert in hearing the subtleties... but I'm looking forward to playing around with it!

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've also ordered a GE 5-Star black plate 5751 to replace the preamp tube. And am looking for a Sylvania black-plate 5751, too.

I think that'll be enogh to start with.
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #101 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, well I've ordered a Tung-Sol 5998, so when it and the Chatham 6AS7G come in, I can start comparing these power tubes. Not that I'm any sort of expert in hearing the subtleties... but I'm looking forward to playing around with it!

As I've mentioned in other threads, I've also ordered a GE 5-Star black plate 5751 to replace the preamp tube. And am looking for a Sylvania black-plate 5751, too.

I think that'll be enogh to start with.
wink.gif

Pauly, where/from whom did you get your 5998's?

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #103 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I've read the thread again...

We can use both outputs at the same time. Moreover, anything you plug in one output may change the sound of the other output.

There is only one set of RCA inputs on the back.

Yes ! You are right. When you plug other headphone in other sockets sure will change the sound. Due to it change nfb condition. So you can change the sound by solder capacitors , Inductors, resistors or any LCR network on a 6.35mm jack & Plug it in a Jack. It will be more funny. You can adjust sound charater by yourself. It is no harmful on amps in any combination of L/C/R network. e.g when you solder a capacitor on it. It decrease high frequency nfb. So It increase sensitive of HF. So It will have more High frequency.

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #104 of 977
i just ordered one, but i ask audiotailor to tailor-made one for me.
tongue_smile.gif
it takes about 2 weeks for it.

BTW, they can consider provide "upgrade" option like with high grade caps, gold-plated RCA, etc. to fulfill their "audioTAILOR" brand name
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #105 of 977
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldwine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just ordered one, but i ask audiotailor to tailor-made one for me.
tongue_smile.gif
it takes about 2 weeks for it.

BTW, they can consider provide "upgrade" option like with high grade caps, gold-plated RCA, etc. to fulfill their "audioTAILOR" brand name
wink.gif

Interesting! Which modifications did you request?

Thanks and regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back