[Review] Audio Heaven – Jerry Harvey Audio’s JH13
Feb 8, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #31 of 46
Nice review @ sebhuber. Glad you've found your holy grail of iem (so far). I'm like pianist and must enjoy what I can through the e-q7 for now. Maybe one day after I hit the lottery I can make high-end customs a reality (I can dream, right?)...

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #32 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review @ sebhuber. Glad you've found your holy grail of iem (so far). I'm like pianist and must enjoy what I can through the e-q7 for now. Maybe one day after I hit the lottery I can make high-end customs a reality (I can dream, right?)...

Well, I actually prefer the sound of e-Q7 over that of $850 Westone ES3X.
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #33 of 46
Really @ Pianist? Well, I haven't heard anything more expensive than the e-q7, but there is nothing disappointing about them to me. I enjoy the ie8 too, but for different reasons. So right now I'm comfortable with my own little piece of audio heaven.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really @ Pianist? Well, I haven't heard anything more expensive than the e-q7, but there is nothing disappointing about them to me. I enjoy the ie8 too, but for different reasons. So right now I'm comfortable with my own little piece of audio heaven.

Yeah. Not that ES3X is technically inferior. It absolutely isn't. But I wouldn't say it's superior either. ES3X has great micro-detial, but so does e-Q7; ES3X has great clarity, but so does e-Q7; ES3X sounds pretty natural, but e-Q7 is even more so IMO; Soundstage on ES3X is nice, but e-Q7 sounds pretty spacious too. And then there are some things that e-Q7 does better like timbral accuracy and bass impact.

I would guess that JH13 will be a nice upgrade from both. I am sure that JH13 will offer a richer, wetter presentation with more depth and larger headstage. Both ES3X and e-Q7 are a little too dry and technical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it true that Westone uses similar drivers in the universal line up and ES3Xs? I thought I read somewhere about that..

Yep, UM3X uses the same drivers.

Feb 8, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice review. I'm slowly saving up for the JH16 though.. since they're basically the same thing with more bass. i just love bass..

Really? You've had both pairs to compare? Wow, you must be in the media, let us know when your review article hits the stands!

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #39 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? You've had both pairs to compare? Wow, you must be in the media, let us know when your review article hits the stands!

Well, they do have more bass. The fact that there are two extra drivers for bass alone means that the overall sound will have more warmth since the mid and high end only have two drivers each while the low end has four.

Aug 28, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #41 of 46
I really shouldn't have read about these... nuff said.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #42 of 46
Its reviews and posts like this that are making peoples wallets lighter 
dt880smile.png

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #43 of 46
It's just hard to believe some things sound better when you own IE8's, SE530's, W3's or whatever you have. Now I really want to get a pair, I mean the IE8's comfortably nestled in my ear are producing awesome sound as I speak. But what does even better sound like?

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #44 of 46
Judging by the review I think it sounds a little like the JH13's lol

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #45 of 46
No I just meant, I know better is going to come from these I just can't imagine what it will sound like. $1000+ is tight for a 16 year old when he's trying to get his truck on the road though. If it was just another year of being young that is where all my Christmas and birthday money would go. If I was old enough to take out a loan for these babies I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back