[Review] Audio Heaven – Jerry Harvey Audio’s JH13
Jan 24, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #17 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by UniversalRemonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think of how much better the JH16s would be compared to the JH13s. Wow.

No offense meant but that is plain silly. If you read sufficiently on here regarding the JH 13's you will see that Jerry Harvey has stated categorically that the 13's are designed for a listening to music. The 16's for stage monitoring.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #18 of 46
So you're in England mate but you went direct to Jerry Harvey, yes? Not via Handheld Audio?

The comment that there was no surcharge on the import interested me - was it marked as a gift?

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #19 of 46
Oh, and thanks for a nice review.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
save yourself the money and get some RX700's...I just heard the f-word at the beginning on the very best. but..its true the JH13's highlight detail in so many songs I've never heard before then when I listen with lesser phones I'm like oooh yea!

edit: and if you wanna listen carefully its through the left channel

Just tested this with a couple of my phones for the heck of it (320kbps source material straight from my netbook). At a very high volume it's audible even with my Earpollution Flow earbuds, but to hear it at listening volume I had to go all the way up to the Cyclone PR1 Pro. Still not a very pricy earphone in the grand scheme of things. The AKG K181Dj catches it too.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're in England mate but you went direct to Jerry Harvey, yes? Not via Handheld Audio?

The comment that there was no surcharge on the import interested me - was it marked as a gift?

Yeah, directly ordered them on their web page. They didn't mark it as a gift, but as a "Sample Earphone"
normal_smile .gif

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tested this with a couple of my phones for the heck of it (320kbps source material straight from my netbook). At a very high volume it's audible even with my Earpollution Flow earbuds, but to hear it at listening volume I had to go all the way up to the Cyclone PR1 Pro. Still not a very pricy earphone in the grand scheme of things. The AKG K181Dj catches it too.

Yeah, its easily audible at high volumes. I listen to my JH13s normally at about 15% Volume and it is highly noticeable.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I just got the recording. I could hear it fine through RE0 and e-Q7 at volumes of around 70-80 db I am guessing, maybe less cause I am used to listening at really low volumes. At lower volumes, the f part of the word becomes inaudible though. That K181 DJ is pretty detailed BTW.

My guess is that with JH13 Pro, those details just become more realistic because of increased separation and depth to the sound and also more accurate imaging.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, its easily audible at high volumes. I listen to my JH13s normally at about 15% Volume and it is highly noticeable.

What is your source? For me "high volume" for example means about 2% on my Audigy 2 ZS with kX Project drivers or about 70% on Sansa Clip with my 64 Ohm RE0.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #23 of 46
15Volume.png

Straight out of my upgraded sound card, as stated in the review.

Edit: Might be the drivers of the Sound Card but when I get to about half of the slider it gets very loud. I cannot listen to the JH13s at 100% , they would shatter my eardrums.

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

May I ask where you saw Handheld Audio selling the JH13's? I can't seem to find it on their site?

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense meant but that is plain silly. If you read sufficiently on here regarding the JH 13's you will see that Jerry Harvey has stated categorically that the 13's are designed for a listening to music. The 16's for stage monitoring.

Just ignore this junior Head-Fier who has been blatantly baiting in the JH16 PRO thread. The moderator was all over him/her like a rash. It was the highlight of the thread for mine.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, directly ordered them on their web page. They didn't mark it as a gift, but as a "Sample Earphone"
normal_smile .gif

That's excellent actually - maybe completely changes things for me in fact... hmmm... thanks for the info mate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I ask where you saw Handheld Audio selling the JH13's? I can't seem to find it on their site?

They're not on the site mate - I emailed them directly and senor TimmyGCSE ordered his through Handheld.

Jan 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #29 of 46
Quote:

That's excellent actually - maybe completely changes things for me in fact... hmmm... thanks for the info mate.

They're not on the site mate - I emailed them directly and senor TimmyGCSE ordered his through Handheld.

Oh I see. Might have to go through them as well when I manage to get the opportunity in buying them. Did you have to pay TAX and were communications with them good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back