Review: Audio-gd NFB-7
Apr 21, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #121 of 201
Well...unfortunately i cannot compare the NFB7 with the NFB-28 in rca because i already sold the NFB-28 and actually i never tried it with rca. Plus...i don't have any audiophile rca cables at home to make a proper ''test''.
I would assume that the improvement should be the same even with rca connections, i mean comparing both with RCAs.

I'm very very impressed with the NFB7 and im rediscovering a lot of albums...

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #122 of 201
  Yes, I did. I even asked Kingwa. This is his reply:

The NFB3 and the DAC19 is same grade products but different sound flavors.
The NFB3 2014 edition had emphasize the detail and dynamic.
The DAC19 applied the PCM1704 and the new DSP software, sound like the Master 7, the users feedback the Master 7 sound like real .

So, since I prefer detail and transparency, I'm sticking with the ESS 9018 Sabre chip, and that would be the NFB 7, except I would miss the balanced capabilities.

This is what Kingwa said about the NFB 7 vs NFB 3 (2014):

The NFB7 is better level than the NFB3 even with the RCA output.
But still depend on how good of your amp, if the amp enought revealing, the improve is obvious .
The NFB7 is our high range design, it is hard to upgrade , even upgrade it may can't had the obvious improve because the ES9018 had all functions and limit.

Which more or less means the NFB 7 takes this chip to its limits. I just wished I could use the balanced outputs though ... That is why I asked Miracle 1980 to compare his NFB 28 with the NFB 7.

BTW, I just read the reply from Miracle 1980 about the advantages of his new NFB 7 vs the NFB 28, sorry I had missed that when I asked. I just would like to know if the single-ended configuration (instead of balanced) would still pull away from the NFB 28 (which is similar to my NFB 3 (2014) in terms of RCA sound). Thanks!

Thanks for this Musica. That's the reason I was interested with DAC-19. 

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #124 of 201
Miracle 1980,

Thanks for confirming your impressions. I agree probably the differences would maintain on a single-ended configuration, so the investment in the NFB 7 seems likely to be worth it (even being about 2.8 times more expensive!).  Thanks!

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #126 of 201
Just for curiosity, why are you selling it and what you gonna buy?

Just ordered a Yggy which I think is a better DAC but at a different price range. I've had side by side tests at meets already but I need a final confirmation before the NFB7 goes.

NFB7 is probably the best DAC in its price range though.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #127 of 201
Nice. Keep us updated. I, too am looking at the Yggy to pair with my Rok.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #129 of 201
Yes. I prefer to call it the Rok. :smiley:

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #133 of 201
  Looks like the only difference is the DSD CTR. I don't know what that is.

DSD CTR is for DSD from the DI-V2014. That's the only purpose AFAIK.

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #134 of 201
has anyone compared DSD on NFB 7 vs PCM on Master 7 ? 

is there advantage of using DSD on NFB 7 vs PCM ?

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #135 of 201
I'm still considering upgrading to the NFB 7 from my NFB 3 (2014). There are so many choices within that price range that it is not an easy decision. Could anyone owning the NFB 7 other than Miracle 1980 (thanks so much for your inputs, Miracle), barge in and give your thoughts so I have more than one viewpoint on this?

The reason I'm so excited about getting a balanced DAC is that now I can convert the balanced output signal from the DAC to single-ended, and feed my amp without loss of balanced sound quality or voltage output, which makes the balanced DAC decision a no-brainer.

I just need to decide if it's going to be the NFB 7 or something else.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back