Review: Audio-gd NFB-7
Feb 8, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #198 of 201
I tried the Nfb-27 in a shop (in Poland) for around 1 hour and then i owned the NFB-28 for 1 year.
At the end i decided to buy the NFB-7.
I am very happy with it and I use it together with Melodious MX-U8 (it was a good bargain).
The NFB-27 in the shop was tried with a totally different setup than mine. But if I should summarize the differences... I would say that the sound of the NFB-7 is deeper, bigger sounstage and more attack. Even more "air" and realism. I really love this dac because it's fast with tight and deep bass and very detailed, without being harsh or overbright (like some cheaper es9018 implementations).

I would say that it's around 10% (15% it depends from the rest of the system) better than NFB-27 as dac.

On the other side you can have preamp and headamp section in the nfb-27...

With both dac you don't need any digital interface now because they already have the good amanero (mine is the 2014 model with usb-32).

Then... It depends on your budget, the rest of the system and what you want to achieve.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #200 of 201
I tried the Intona USB isolator (industrial version) with my NFB 7 (purchased 5 months back). It makes no difference. The NFB 7 USB (Amanero) is really high quality.

http://intona.eu/en/products

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #201 of 201
Hi Punit,

I have never used the Intona but did do extensive listening on the built in (Amanero) USB vs. SPDIF (fed with a Rendu and later an Oppo renderer BNC), the new Wyred 4 Sound Recovery and Stello U3. It was clear the Amanero had the highest resolution but could not be listened to for more than an hour or two at the most. The Rendu was the best and as you pointed out, the others made little or no difference. More importantly, none of the solutions improved the NFB & to anything other than ordinary... except the AP1/PP. I am not advocating one brand over another as everyone knows different systems can have different outcomes with an individual component but in my system, the AP1 transformed the DAC into music. The system plays all day everyday and so far, I never get tired of it.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back