REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7
May 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #316 of 422
so what's different with the mk 2?

May 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #319 of 422
Quote:
New Super 7 mk2.

Working my way through the thread. The more I read, the harder it is to resist. The S7 is a little over budget, but its use as a speaker amp may justify the extra expense. What speakers would match well in the <$1k bracket, for a near field, small room setup? Does the mk2 have more juice than the first units?

May 28, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #321 of 422
Craig is providing all the right answers in email. Getting closer to pulling the trigger. Just need some guidance on the speaker front. Any particular models I should be reading up on?

edit: at the moment I have Audioengine A2 powered speakers sitting at ear level on a shelf above my desk. I'm a noob when it comes to speakers. The A2s are OK, but they just don't engage me. I'm listening to the LCD-2 rev.2 at the moment and this is the sort of sound I want in a near field setup. Are there small, sensitive near fields that can be made to sing with the Super 7? Or are the speakers taps on the S7 an afterthought? Is wanting something better than A2 level of performance from it and matching speakers just wishful thinking?

May 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #322 of 422
Apparently there are hyper sensitive speakers that can deal with such low wattage. I am in similar boat and am looking into it now. From what I gather so far you can hook it up to speakers like:
Audio Note, Zu Audio, Cain & Cain, Klipsch Cornwall, Omega, Tekton, Coincident and others. The only bad news is not sure they are super small. I wonder will Rogers LS3/5A works or not...

May 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #323 of 422
Probably not. A lot pro type monitors are extremely inefficient. At 3 watts, I'd be looking something 95db+/w/m efficiency for small living rooms, 92db+ for small bedrooms, and 89db+ for desktop setups. A great solution would be bi-amping. Splitting the speaker outputs with one feeding the tweeter and another feeding the line in of a separate power amp for the woofer (with volume control to match the tweeter).

May 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #324 of 422
Cheers! I guess it will just have to be larger than mini monitor
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #325 of 422
Just want to encourage any "speaker-with-Super-7" talk here...I want to get some speakers now too.  

(I think I'll dig the vinyl more with speakers.)

May 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #326 of 422
I heard that the Electra electrostatic headphone is finished and will be at the Newport meeting
this weekend , probably with the super7 mkII
Please share the experience and inform us about the meeting

May 29, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #328 of 422
Quote:
I heard that the Electra electrostatic headphone is finished and will be at the Newport meeting
this weekend , probably with the super7 mkII
Please share the experience and inform us about the meeting

Yup, both are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back