Review - AGPTEK Lossless MP3 Player
May 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #16 of 159
Well waiting for this to arrive from Amazon.. Not much info on this player, lets just hope its ok... Im going to fill up the micro sd card first before fitting it into the player... Get back to you after trying it out.

May 14, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 159
Arrived today with my 64gb card, . Dont know if the 128gb card will work., But im stickibg with the total 80gb. All in. .. Do for me for now, i can always get another 64gb card for £15.
Unpacked the player, not easy, as the bottom lud which is glyed to base us not to secure.
You must prise the top lud off...very tight.......... But once lid off, everything else easy, and snart. Quality for £60, . With nice gold, breaded usb lead, audio player soft bag....
For now to try it out i just popped in a smaller 8gb card out of my sansa clip.. And with a bit of pressing buttons and the touch control buttons, i got there in the end.
Just chose folder and touched play, and away we go..... all good.
Tried with Grado sr 225 and sounds fine... then put aux cable from player headphone out into hifi aux abd played via the hifi set up, all good..... volume on headphones for now 25, and aux at 45, ( out of 50)
So apart from a few small hic ups , im very happy. .... Get back to you later.....
One thing i would like to buy would be a silicone tupe xase, cover, etc..... Any help, let me know.

May 14, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 159
funkymartyn
I'm glad you like IMP. Package is really handsome indeed and so is player. I don't think any cases or such are made (yet) but wouldn't mind one because of sharp corners. I think UI is pretty well done, but I've already e-mailed developer some improvement suggestions. But neverthless I like UI already very much. I'm tempted to buy and try 128gb card..

May 14, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #21 of 159
Do you know much about this company. Like where are they based, i think they are assembled in China. And thats it ?....... I have a small camara soft case which fits pretty good.
But i would still like a silicone type cover, giving access to front screen.

May 14, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #22 of 159
I would rather buy two 64gb cards and just swop over when required

May 15, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #26 of 159
I really know nothing about agptek. I just heard about this dap this week from head-fier, and made some research, and went ahead and ordered it.

I don't know the company, either, but, when I paid a visit to their website, I intuitively sensed that they may not be an actual manufacturer, but perhaps a company that buys-in generic electronics hardware from other Chinese OEMs, and perhaps re-badges it 'AGPTEK', to then market to global customers.

I could be totally incorrect about that, but that's the sense that I got

May 15, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #28 of 159

I don't know the company, either, but, when I paid a visit to their website, I intuitively sensed that they may not be an actual manufacturer, but perhaps a company that buys-in generic electronics hardware from other Chinese OEMs, and perhaps re-badges it 'AGPTEK', to then market to global customers.

I could be totally incorrect about that, but that's the sense that I got

http://www.buyitmao.com/products/44334102701

Hmmm, you have the point... capacity seems to be 8gb. Don't know how much it differs from IMP but they look alike.

May 15, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #30 of 159
  How is it compare to c3?

IMP is brighter sounding player than C3. C3 is very pleasant sounding and it's easy to listen for long periods, might also suit better for brighter phones. Soundstage seems to be quite equal on C3 and IMP, IMP might have a tad better imaging and more detailed sound because of brighter signature. Because IMP is brighter, it suits better for warmer phones. I think IMP have cleaner and more punchy bass. IMP has more powerful headphone output than C3. IMPs UI is light-years ahead of C3s UI, and it's very nice to use whereas C3 might be quite pain sometimes because it lacks many basic features and has smaller screen. Both are very nice sounding players and there's really no day and night differences to my ears, but I do prefer IMPs sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back